PDA

View Full Version : Raise the turn or try to get an overcall

sfer
03-19-2004, 12:15 AM
For that matter raise the flop?

CO betting and raising means his heart is still beating. He will, however, lay hands down when he's beaten. BB just sat down so she's completely unknown. EDIT: Of course, I meant SB just sat down. I have a reasonably good read on myself.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.stompandcrush.com/cgi-bin/hhparser.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, MP1 folds, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero?

bunky9590
03-19-2004, 12:27 AM
I call for the overcall, and try to catch the flush or the boat. You could be ahead, but not likely here. It looks like Sb has a baby flush, but you now have outs. Co may pop it and Sb could three bet and you are well disguised. Smooth call and try to make the hand. If no three flush, definitely raise.

sfer
03-19-2004, 12:42 AM
Hey Bunky. Funny running into you at UB earlier. Don't tell the others that my UB handle is a sham/psychological experiment and I'm actually a dude.

Dynasty
03-19-2004, 12:48 AM
The problem with this question is that it assumes that your raise will force any opponent behind you to fold. It's not going to be uncommon for you to raise and get called.

sfer
03-19-2004, 12:54 AM
Actually, with the CO, I'd be nearly 100% confident that calling 2 BBs means he's got a big lone /images/graemlins/spade.gif, a flush already made, the other 5 or a boat. He'd fold anything weaker to a raise. He was predictably passive but unpredictably aggressive, if that makes any sense.

sfer
03-19-2004, 04:15 PM
Well, I figured I was a 50/50 chance at being ahead but a big /images/graemlins/spade.gif would call an extra bet so I raised. CO folded, SB called.

River was 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
SB checked, I bet, SB called, MHIG.

SB flopped a pair of 2s with the 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif kicker.

schwza
03-19-2004, 05:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Don't tell the others that my UB handle is a sham/psychological experiment and I'm actually a dude

[/ QUOTE ]

haha... i'm in the same boat. i wonder how many people with obviously female names are actually women.