PDA

View Full Version : I was just bluffing

JDErickson
03-18-2004, 07:38 PM
Loose Table. Opponents are both fish.

Absolute Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.stompandcrush.com/cgi-bin/hhparser.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button folds, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, SB folds.

Turn: (4 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

River: (7 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

Final Pot: 10 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 10 BB, between MP3, Hero and MP2.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Hero (10 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows 3d 8c (full house, eights full of threes).
MP2 doesn't show.
MP3 doesn't show.
Outcome: Hero wins 10 BB. </font>

Anyone play this differently?

Thanx

bisonbison
03-18-2004, 07:50 PM
Looks good.

Trix
03-18-2004, 08:10 PM
Looks good.
I had a similar hand today. 3 to the flop.
J7 from BB, flop JJx, I bet both call. Turn 7. I bet, both fold.

Nick B.
03-18-2004, 08:12 PM
Sometimes I like to check the turn after I bet the flop to make it look like I am on a draw if I think the opponents might bet &lt;end runon&gt;. If they bet I will checkraise because most fish won't lay anything down to a turn checkraise.
On the other hand, I think the way you played it was fine also.

Gramps
03-18-2004, 08:30 PM
Given the flush/straight/overcard calling possibilities by your opponents, I think betting the whole way here into two players is the proper play. There's a much greater chance that they'll call, given this board.

Now, if it came like Q-Q-2 rainbow and you had like Q3 or something, I might check the Turn to prevent a double fold there.

el_grande
03-18-2004, 09:12 PM
I like the betting out here because loose-passives will call you with overcards, hearts, and low pairs but probably will not bet for you.