PDA

View Full Version : Somebody explain my opponents behavior to me!!!

Zetack
03-18-2004, 07:23 PM
Maybe I'm just the scariest M*****F***** these guys have ever seen at a poker table....(of course that presumes they haven't seen my results as of late)

Two hands:

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.stompandcrush.com/cgi-bin/hhparser.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 raises, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, Hero 3-bets, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (7.50 SB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, Hero bets, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (4.75 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, Hero bets, UTG+1 calls.

River: (6.75 BB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
UTG+1 folds.

Final Pot: 6.75 BB

And this one:

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.stompandcrush.com/cgi-bin/hhparser.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, Hero calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB checks.

Flop: (2.50 SB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB folds.

Final Pot: 1.25 BB

Um....say what???

On another note, I played 426 hands yesterday and finished up .5 BB. No, not .5 BB an hour...not .5 BB /100 hands. One half a big bet period. Thats fifty cents for those keeping track at home.

And ya know what? The way things have been going that was pretty much a triumphant victory for me.

Oh,and I cleared a hundred BB bonus too. So that was nice.

--Zetack

scotnt73
03-18-2004, 07:34 PM
hand 1=1010-QQ

hand 2=anything/i see dumbasses do this all the time like they arent going to give you the satisfaction of pushing them out of the pot/more power to them/i just hate when they do it and there is 1 guy between them and me. for some reason this makes the second guy bet out 99.9% of the time

kiemo
03-18-2004, 07:57 PM
I think we both need to find a different site Zetack.

Brian462
03-18-2004, 09:16 PM
One time a few weeks ago I got dealt AA in the small blind at a somewhat tight table.

It proceeds to fold all the way around to me and I decide(right or wrong)to simply call the BB and hopefully trap him post flop. Instead of checking for a free flop he simply folds right there, preflop. Hmm..

StellarWind
03-18-2004, 10:50 PM
Zetack,

How does Stars software work?

Paradise software requires confirmation if you accidentally hit &lt;Fold&gt; when &lt;Check&gt; is an option. That's good because this is an easy accident if you have a bad hand and aren't paying careful attention.

However, if you accidently hit the little act-in-turn checkbox for fold and don't notice in time, poof. This can be a problem if a player-note mini-window happens to be near the checkbox. The note window automatically disappears the instant the hand is dealt. If you click the little box to close the note window at the exact wrong moment the click can hit the underlying checkbox instead.

I found this out when K8s in the BB disappeared for no apparent reason /images/graemlins/mad.gif. A hand history and ten minutes running experiments in the play money area showed me what happened.

Another possibility is that something more important than 0.5/1 poker happened at the player's residence and he hit the fold-in-turn button on purpose as a courtesy while he dealt with the emergency.