PDA

View Full Version : semibluffing

umdpoker
03-18-2004, 05:37 PM
is semibluffing useful at all in sng's? i could see maybe if you have the button, but it seems that in all of the sng's i play, semibluffing just kills your stack whenever you miss. nobody ever checks the turn if they have position on you and you check it to them. perhaps this is because i play at party where the stacks are tiny and a lot of the players are maniacs. any advice on how to play flush draws in party 10+1 nl sng's? just call with odds, fold without?

unfrgvn
03-18-2004, 06:03 PM
Depends how many players are in the hand. If I've raised pre flop and there are only two or three other players in the hand I'll often bet even if the flopped missed me. If I've limped in and there are a lot of players in the hand I'll check my 4 flushes and str8 draws. You'll often have odds to call because I see some awful bad bets, 15 into a 175 pot, 30 into a 400 pot, etc. Depends a lot on the table. Later in the tourny when there are a lot fewer players and the blinds are bigger then I'll start trying some semi bluffs.
I play very tight early. Basically, I'm looking for almost sure double up situations, flopped sets, str8s or nut flushes. Otherwise I'm not putting a lot of chips in the pot.

LetsRock
03-18-2004, 06:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
nobody ever checks the turn if they have position on you and you check it to them

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course they don't. Could easily be semi-bluffing don't you think? I'm more suspicious of a button that does check through then one who doesn't at least take a stab at the pot.

As a rule it depends on the table - if it's full of tight waiters then semi-bluffing works well. If they're maniac calling stations, not so much.