PDA

View Full Version : Hey Ladies! (...get...funky)

Wingnut
03-18-2004, 04:09 PM
Two QQ hands from Party .5/1. Early in my session so no reads on anyone.

1) I'm in the CO with Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ /images/graemlins/club.gif. UTG calls, all fold to me and I raise. Blinds fold, UTG calls.

Flop A /images/graemlins/spade.gifK /images/graemlins/heart.gif7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif. UTG bets, I fold.

Is that routine, or way too weak? The pot didn't seem big enough to call him down on the chance he was pushing only a flush draw.

2) That same orbit, I am UTG+2 with Q /images/graemlins/heart.gifQ /images/graemlins/club.gif. UTG+1 calls, I raise, CO (UTG from previous hand) calls 2 cold, button folds, SB calls, BB folds, UTG+1 calls (4 see flop).

Flop 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gifT /images/graemlins/diamond.gif9 /images/graemlins/club.gif. Checked to me, I bet, only CO and SB call (3 see turn).

Turn 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif[7 /images/graemlins/heart.gifT /images/graemlins/diamond.gif9 /images/graemlins/club.gif]. SB checks, I bet, CO folds, SB calls.

River K /images/graemlins/spade.gif[9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif7 /images/graemlins/heart.gifT /images/graemlins/diamond.gif9 /images/graemlins/club.gif]. SB checks, I can't bear to see this checked down, so I bet, SB check-raises, I make the crying call.

Was that a poor river bet? Results in white: <font color="white"> SB shows QJo for the straight </font>

Thanks,
-David