PDA

View Full Version : Chappelle's Show

Rushmore
03-18-2004, 03:38 PM
I think it can honestly be said that if you do not find this show funny, you do not have a sense of humor.

I nearly hurt myself laughing last night, and I assure you, I am not easily-amused.

Anyone who thinks that the Oprah skit, the Rick James skit, the Jury Selection skit and the Reparations skit aren't funny, well, I pity you.

If you haven't seen this stuff, you really should. Check Comedy Central listings.

ThaSaltCracka
03-18-2004, 03:41 PM
very funny show /images/graemlins/grin.gif

J.R.
03-18-2004, 03:46 PM
You should really consider investing in the recently released DVD of the first season. There's so much more.

JasonM
03-18-2004, 03:48 PM

scotnt73
03-18-2004, 03:49 PM
easily the funniest show on tv right now imo. the rick james skit had my rolling. the best though is the blind black white supremisist who didnt know he was black. i couldnt breath it was so funny.

WEASEL45
03-18-2004, 03:52 PM
This just in. Chicken went up to $600 a bucket

Ulysses
03-18-2004, 04:06 PM
I still think his stand-up is funnier than the show. If you haven't seen his HBO special (from a couple of years back), you must. I think he was on Def Comedy Jam as well and maybe he did some stand-up on Comedy Central as well. The show is definitely getting better and I think it will continue to get better and better as he gets more and more used to the skit format. I also thought Half-Baked was really funny.

J.R.
03-18-2004, 04:13 PM
Amen

scotnt73
03-18-2004, 04:52 PM
i have seen very little of last season. about 4 months ago the wife and i were out of town in a hotel and just happened to come accross it. i was hooked and it immediately made it into my limited tv rotation. i think that it will get bigger now that it comes on right before(or is it after?)south park. should be the same audience.

baggins
03-18-2004, 05:06 PM
It's alright. sometimes, it's kinda weak though. i mean, when a sketch stops being funny, he just calls somebody a bitch and they're rolling. it is funny at times though.

Rushmore
03-18-2004, 05:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
he just calls somebody a bitch and they're rolling.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was under the impression this was done sort of tongue-in-cheek, rather self-referentially, as if that were the joke.

Maybe I'm giving him too much credit.

Don't shatter my illusions, Axl. Let me Use them.

baggins
03-18-2004, 05:19 PM
I wasn't under that impression. don't feel the need to defend the guy's comedy to me, though. I'm just some dude with a different opinion.

and I'm certainly not Axl.

Rushmore
03-18-2004, 05:53 PM

Dynasty
03-18-2004, 06:03 PM
The show is okay but I think it will get tiresome. We've seen dozens of black comedians make jokes about black culture before Chappelle. He's not really offering anything new. This week's show had a segment on O.J. Simpson's murder trial so it's obvious Chapelle is already rehashing stuff that's been rehashed many times before.

DanS
03-18-2004, 08:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The show is okay but I think it will get tiresome. We've seen dozens of black comedians make jokes about black culture before Chappelle. He's not really offering anything new. This week's show had a segment on O.J. Simpson's murder trial so it's obvious Chapelle is already rehashing stuff that's been rehashed many times before.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the reason I find this show so funny, when I find a lot of black stand-up to be lame/boring, is the self-effacing nature of Dave Chapelle and the fact that he can rip equally on blacks, whites, or any other ethnicity. Chapelle's show is way more creative than most of the crap you see on BET, for instance.

Dan

Sincere
03-18-2004, 10:22 PM
I don't get comedy central from my cable subscriber, but I did see the Rick James skit at a friends house. I can honestly say, that was one of the funniest things I've ever seen on TV.

F*** your couch, I'm Rick James!

Show him your titties B****, I'm Rick James!

Cocaine is a hell of a drug!

JoeU
03-18-2004, 11:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
the best though is the blind black white supremisist who didnt know he was black.

[/ QUOTE ]

I almost died laughing when I saw this skit. Very very funny stuff, and a very funny show.

I still think South Park is the funniest show though. I get a kick out of 4th graders in a cartoon, swearing at eachother and killing off one of their friends every week like he was Wile E.Coyote. Guess it brings me back to my youth...sort of. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Joe

scotnt73
03-19-2004, 10:23 AM
what did the hand say to the face?

SLAP!

im rick james b***h!

Daliman
03-19-2004, 10:30 AM
" i'm gonna write a movie called 'The last nigga on earth', starring Tom hanks"

J.A.Sucker
03-19-2004, 07:46 PM
Dave is a funny guy, indeed. This season's show is probably better than last year's, but the skit about the blind white supremacist was truly inspired. I'm glad they got the old, stuffy man to do the "Frontline Exclusive" narration. Truly brilliant.