PDA

View Full Version : 66 in a Perfect World!

CardCuda
03-18-2004, 02:00 PM
Paradise $1-2 Full Table Loose-Passive.

Hero has 6 /images/graemlins/club.gif6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif in MP3.

Preflop: UTG limps, MP2 limps, Hero Limps, BTN Raises, SB calls, BB calls, UTG,MP2 and hero call. 6 to the flop -
(6BB's)

3 /images/graemlins/club.gif4 /images/graemlins/club.gif5 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Flop: SB checks, BB bets, UTG folds, MP2 calls, Hero Calls, BTN raises, SB Folds, BB calls, MP2 calls, Hero Calls. 4 to the turn - (10BB's)

2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif (well ain't that a peach!) /images/graemlins/grin.gif

BB bets, MP2 raises, Hero 3 bets, BTN calls, BB calls, MP2 calls, 4 to the river - (25BB's)

9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

BB checks, MP2 bets, Hero Raises, BTN 3 bets, BB folds, MP2 calls, Hero Caps, BTN calls, MP2 calls. (37BB's Total!)

Well no one showed MP,and BTN had to have an Ace though. BB No Idea... /images/graemlins/confused.gif

MHIG and Hero Drags a $73.00 Pot WOW! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Trying to pull the hand history so I can save it...and make sure I got the history right, this is definitely the biggest pot I've hit so far!... Too bad it's not 5-10 or 20-40 /images/graemlins/frown.gif No complaints though! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

TheRake
03-18-2004, 03:28 PM
CC,

I would have 3-bet the raise on the flop. I don't think straight up raising would have been the best option because button may 3 bet and kill your action. Pretty good chance the pre-flop aggressor will raise so let him. You have top pair and an oesd on the high end...RAM AND JAM BABY!!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif Try to trap the wannabies in between for a ton of bets. Rest of the hand looks fine.

Nice pot.

TheRake

TheRake
03-18-2004, 03:43 PM
Anyone disagree with my post? I am having some other thoughts now /images/graemlins/smirk.gif. Let's have some feedback on this one.

TheRake

CardCuda
03-18-2004, 04:21 PM
Rake -

I might have played this a little "meekly" here's my thoughts -

My read on the Button is he's a pretty solid player but plays his draws aggressively and has gotten his hand caught in the cookie jar a couple times.

If he has AK-AJ he has 6 outs and I'm ahead, but of there clubs I'm a bit of an underdog the 2 flush board had me worried a bit as the table has been playing many suited cards, I figured I'd see the turn as cheaply as I could. The 2 was the perfect card, as any Ace will surely stay and no club so I can raise with abandon here. What do ya think?

Rico Suave
03-18-2004, 04:26 PM
Hey Rake:

A couple of comments. I do not think that 3 betting the flop is bad, but I would be more inclined to do it with a rainbow flop instead of a 2 tone with a bunch of opponents (probably a bit weak, I know).

Also, I am wondering if a straight flop raise may not be so bad. Our hero does have an overpair in addition to his big draw, and so he might indeed have the best hand right now. And since the pot is pretty big he might consider raising the flop.... I think it would be fairly significant if he could get the pf raiser and sb to lay down overcards.

But I will be honest, I am not sure what is the best course of action here.

--Rico

TheRake
03-18-2004, 04:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The 2 flush board had me worried a bit...

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahhhh.....hense my second thoughts. I think this hand has some very interesting aspects to it and I want to hear a couple more opinions.

TheRake

TheRake
03-18-2004, 04:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I am wondering if a straight flop raise may not be so bad. Our hero does have an overpair in addition to his big draw, and so he might indeed have the best hand right now. And since the pot is pretty big he might consider raising the flop.... I think it would be fairly significant if he could get the pf raiser and sb to lay down overcards.

[/ QUOTE ]

Rico,

This is what I was thinking also. I am not really sure. Do you want to make the hands that are going to pay off your draw fold in this case? With the flush draw, the str8 draw and Button possibly having AA the equity in this pot is pretty evenly divided. Seems like you want a couple chasers to pay off all the draws.

I ran these numbers at twodimes.

http://twodimes.net/h/?z=245436
pokenum -h 6c 6s - ac ah - ad ts - 2c 5c -- 3c 4c 5s
Holdem Hi: 820 enumerated boards containing 5s 4c 3c
cards win %win lose %lose tie %tie EV
6s 6c 179 21.83 629 76.71 12 1.46 0.222
Ac Ah 281 34.27 527 64.27 12 1.46 0.346
Ts Ad 1 0.12 807 98.41 12 1.46 0.005
5c 2c 347 42.32 461 56.22 12 1.46 0.427

Interesting to note that of the 2 drawing hands and the buttons big pair our hero has the least amount of equity in this pot.

TheRake

Rico Suave
03-18-2004, 05:11 PM
Hey Rake:

The more I think about it, the more I like a flop raise. I think the pot is sufficiently large to try and improve your chances of winning it, as opposed to keeping "customers" around.

I would be interested in hearing from more posters on this one as well. Interesting hand.

--Rico

TheRake
03-19-2004, 11:09 AM
**Bump**

No one else has anything to contribute?

CardCuda
03-19-2004, 03:08 PM
Just got the history on this hand....

Button - A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif
MP2 - A /images/graemlins/club.gif 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

So it turns out I was ahead from the beginning....and raising the flop would have been the optimal play. /images/graemlins/frown.gif