PDA

View Full Version : With Friends Like These

andyfox
03-18-2004, 01:54 PM
Bush's chief Republican rival in 2000, Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., said Thursday he does not believe Kerry is weak on defense even though they disagree on some issues

"I do not believe that he is necessarily weak on defense. I don't agree with him on some issues, clearly. But I decry this negativism that's going on on both sides. The American people don't need it"

Meanwhile, Poland, which has about 2,400 troops in Iraq, was "misled" about the threat from Saddam Hussein's weapons of mass destruction, its president said Thursday.

The remarks by President Aleksander Kwasniewski were his first hint of such criticism directed at the United States and Britain, although he mentioned no country by name.
"I personally think that today, Iraq without Saddam Hussein is a truly better Iraq than with Saddam Hussein," Kwasniewski told a small group of European reporters.
"But naturally I also feel uncomfortable due to the fact that we were misled with the information on weapons of mass destruction."

Don't start swimming in those pennies quite yet, Utah. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

elwoodblues
03-18-2004, 01:57 PM
with friends like these who needs enemas.