View Full Version : HULA needs its own forum n/m

James Boston
03-18-2004, 12:39 PM

TylerD
03-18-2004, 12:43 PM
or at least put it in the HU forum.

BigEndian
03-18-2004, 01:47 PM
Hey guys, you can use the Collapse link at the top of your page to keep the HULA thread, and any other large thread, from consuming your whole front page.

The HULA thread looks like it will be moved, but something to keep in mind in the future for your browsing pleasure.

- Jim

rayrns
03-18-2004, 08:04 PM
I just recently did this and find it very convienient.

gonores
03-18-2004, 08:09 PM
James,

I'd imagine you aren't keeping up with the HULA threads, so I'll recap what has gone on over the past week or so. Basically, we were negotiating with Mat to start our own forum, but 2+2 shot the idea down for their own reasons. Right now we are polling players as to whether they want the forum moved to a different site or a different forum. Hopefully, this Week 2 thread will be the last of the big HULA threads on the General HE Forum.

Doug

gonores
03-18-2004, 08:11 PM
It's harder to find my favorite posters in collapsed, so I switched back to expanded.

Doug

Dylan Wade
03-19-2004, 01:32 PM
Obviously giving HULA it's own fourm is a little over the top, but is it too much to add an "Events" fourm? There people can talk about any and all upcomming/in-progress poker related events. I think such a fourm would be perfect for this tourney.
And the Best of Small stakes, king of the zoo, etc...

Not only to keep these posts out of the strategy fourms, but also so that these event posts do not have to be constantly "bumped".

Simon Diamond
03-19-2004, 01:46 PM
It has to remembered that twoplustwo does not endorse any of these private events - so the chances of them making a forum especially for them is slim.

Simon

gonores
03-19-2004, 01:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
is it too much to add an "Events" fourm?

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently, yes. And I can't argue with Mason's logic on the subject. It will open itself up to too much "grey area" in terms of spamming and the such. For instance, say we decided we commishes needed to be compensated on a per-player basis....are we spamming when we are recruiting on here?

We will figure something out.

D

MaxPower
03-19-2004, 03:17 PM
John Shaft established a forum, but no one has used it other than me.

I think we should use this for HULA related posts. These posts would really annoy me if I was not part of the league.

Here is a link

http://members.lycos.co.uk/hula/forums/index.php?showforum=2

JohnShaft
03-19-2004, 06:26 PM
It's definitely an option Max. And one way that we can get a lot of HULA talk going without feeling guilty about taking over a board, such as here.

The Forum software I love (I use it on a horror domain of mine) but the free hosting this HULA one is on is sadly dominated by adverts which can make it look ugly (frames = ugh). Strangely though sometimes it seems to run advert free, such as when I just checked and posted something on there a couple of minutes ago.
There is uses to that Forum approach too. I could set up Team only Forums and such, which you could only access if you belonged to the team. Only any use if it gets any users though.

I didn't even notice your post until just now. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

JohnShaft
03-19-2004, 06:47 PM
Strangely the adverts seem to be COMPLETELY gone, for me at least.
I've also linked Simon's excellent HULA website to it.