PDA

View Full Version : KQs Takes the Button--Now What?

StellarWind
03-18-2004, 09:28 AM
Paradise Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.stompandcrush.com/cgi-bin/hhparser.cgi)
Loose/Passive. The blinds are unfamiliar. UTG+1 is quite loose.

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+1 folds.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks.

River: (5.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 5.50 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 5.50 BB, between SB, BB and Hero.</font>

blackaces13
03-18-2004, 09:36 AM
You got beat by a weak ace I'd say. I like the way you played the hand.

scotnt73
03-18-2004, 09:46 AM
after the turn was checked through and the river was checked to you again i think you have an easy value bet on the river.

Warik
03-18-2004, 10:46 AM
Bet the river.

Hiding
03-18-2004, 10:48 AM
I agree with the value bet on the river. No one else has shown any strength what so ever. Allthough with weak players it doesnt mean anything. I say you are up against another king with a bad kicker, and maybe the weak ace. Bet it, you may win right out, and besides that no one has given you a reason to believe they have a really good hand.

kiemo
03-18-2004, 11:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I agree with the value bet on the river. No one else has shown any strength what so ever. Allthough with weak players it doesnt mean anything. I say you are up against another king with a bad kicker, and maybe the weak ace. Bet it, you may win right out, and besides that no one has given you a reason to believe they have a really good hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Micro players are calling stations and liked to hold onto ANY hand with an A in it. As such, any player holding an A here is going to call every bet you put out but will probably never bet out himself.

With that in mind, I think you saved yourself 2+ BB by checking and lost the hand to a ragged ace. However I have a really bad negative attitude towards the game right now and am only losing hands wherever I look.

scotnt73
03-18-2004, 12:53 PM
you are right about calling stations. however if you had a weak A and the turn is checked through wouldnt you bet the river? i know most would.

kiemo
03-18-2004, 01:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
you are right about calling stations. however if you had a weak A and the turn is checked through wouldnt you bet the river? i know most would.

[/ QUOTE ]

Only way I am ever seeing the turn on this hand with a weak ace is if its A3 or Ax /images/graemlins/club.gif

You are attributing intelligent play to unintelligent players. Calling stations check/call - thats what they do, they dont even know there is a bet button. Wouldnt suprise me in the least bit to see one of other two players left to show a 3, yet even with that they still wont bet.

StellarWind
03-18-2004, 01:25 PM
Well, this is not what I expected to hear.

One of the good things about waiting to post the results is people make some good points that otherwise might not have come out. I probably should have bet behind them on the river in spite of the overcard ace and the river card.

Nevertheless, the river was a death trap and I luckily avoided a checkraise. SB won with 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif. BB had a busted gutshot: 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif.

I posted this hand because I felt awful about my check on the turn. I gave a free card to two dangerous hands that don't have odds to draw. Is everyone OK with my turn check? Or should I have kept going?

Thanks to everyone for the input.

StellarWind
03-18-2004, 01:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Wouldnt suprise me in the least bit to see one of other two players left to show a 3, yet even with that they still wont bet.

[/ QUOTE ]
Give this man a prize!

sthief09
03-18-2004, 01:35 PM
I can't believe no one said bet the turn and check the river... why should he not bet the turn? you gave these people a free card. Sure, an ace won't fold, but you're getting 3-1 that no one has an ace. BET

Edit: I just saw the results. You have someone a free card with bottom pair and someone else a free card with a gutter. Bet the turn.

Trix
03-18-2004, 02:06 PM
I was gonna say it.

scotnt73
03-18-2004, 02:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I can't believe no one said bet the turn and check the river... why should he not bet the turn? you gave these people a free card. Sure, an ace won't fold, but you're getting 3-1 that no one has an ace. BET

Edit: I just saw the results. You have someone a free card with bottom pair and someone else a free card with a gutter. Bet the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree with betting the turn. i was just stating that since the turn was checked through and it was again checked around to me i would have bet the river.