PDA

View Full Version : AK and AKs - Cold Call 3 bets preflop?

joker122
03-18-2004, 03:12 AM
It was really wierd, but tonight I was faced with 2 nearly identical decisions at the same table. Basically, EP open raised, next player 3 bet, and it's my turn to act with AKo. Only an hour later the very same thing happened but I had AKs this time. Do you call or fold here? Also, consider the open raiser might cap. If you do call here, do you call if it's capped by the time the action gets to you?

One thing I should note: the table was pretty LAG but not manaical. There was only one maniac who would cap preflop with T5o etc, but he wasn't involved in either of the hands.

*One more thing: the EP raisers were not the same players on both hands.

Nate tha' Great
03-18-2004, 04:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It was really wierd, but tonight I was faced with 2 nearly identical decisions at the same table. Basically, EP open raised, next player 3 bet, and it's my turn to act with AKo. Only an hour later the very same thing happened but I had AKs this time. Do you call or fold here? Also, consider the open raiser might cap. If you do call here, do you call if it's capped by the time the action gets to you?

One thing I should note: the table was pretty LAG but not manaical. There was only one maniac who would cap preflop with T5o etc, but he wasn't involved in either of the hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

With position on both raisers, I'd just go ahead and cap it myself.

In the blinds or something ... I'd muck ... no I wouldn't ... but there's an argument for it.

DanK
03-18-2004, 04:13 AM
The exact same situation came up for me yesterday, I was holding AKs. The first raises was tight, and the next was a huge elephant who so far I only saw raise with QQ once and AK the other. I mucked it, though in retrospect should have capped. With AK off I wouldent feel too bad mucking if I had any level of respect for both raisers.

umdpoker
03-18-2004, 04:29 AM
nate is right. you have position. keep it that way(hopefully) by capping it and forcing everyone behind you to face 4 bets cold. especially with aks. i don't think i could ever muck that preflop. i would do same with ako too.

CrackerZack
03-18-2004, 11:00 AM
Cold-call should be one of your last decisions pretty much ever. Fold or cap.