PDA

View Full Version : Are high $$ SNG's better on party or Pokerstars?

Daliman
03-18-2004, 12:11 AM
Just wondering if the games are as soft on pokerstars as i feel they are at all level on party.

Bozeman
03-18-2004, 01:57 AM
Nope, you need to pay more attention to take full advantage of the greater play allowed at PS. Make that a reasonable transition, you have to find holes in players who don't obviously suck.

Craig

GWB
03-18-2004, 03:39 AM
How did your 100 sng in 1 day go? Can I invite you to the White House for a celebritory photo op?

GoSox
03-18-2004, 01:33 PM
I've recently started playing on Stars, due to all of Party's crashes. They are not nearly as soft. I've played 10 so far and not once has someone gone all in during the first 20 hands. On party there are usually 3 people gone by then. The games can really drag on sometimes.

The Stars SNGs take much longer, probably an hour and half for a nine person game. People are much tighter and seem to be better players. With the larger starting stacks skill is more important, but patience is also much, much more valuable.

Bigwig
03-18-2004, 02:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
but patience is also much, much more valuable.

[/ QUOTE ]

When the game gets short-handed on pokerstars, I've found that patience is your best weapon. If you have it, and your opponent doesn't, they're apt to call you with a marginal hand all-in. In fact, I count on this to win heads up.

Prickly Pete
03-18-2004, 03:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've recently started playing on Stars, due to all of Party's crashes. They are not nearly as soft. I've played 10 so far and not once has someone gone all in during the first 20 hands. On party there are usually 3 people gone by then. The games can really drag on sometimes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I won't argue whether or not Stars players are better/tighter, as I haven't played on Stars in a while and don't really know. However, just based on the starting stack and blind structures, Party players should be allin a good bit quicker than Stars players.