PDA

View Full Version : First of two Jack hands

bisonbison
03-17-2004, 11:25 PM
This was one of my earlier hands at this table. No notes on the players in this hand. When I get some responses to this play, I'll post another JJ hand from the same table against some of the same players.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls, UTG+2 calls.

Flop: (11.50 SB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 calls, CO folds, UTG calls, UTG+2 folds.

Turn: (9.25 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, Hero folds, MP3 calls.

River: (11.25 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP3 calls.

Final Pot: 13.25 BB

Trix
03-18-2004, 08:59 AM
I think that UTG either has 33,Kx or 44-TT. Lets say he will limp with K9s,KT,KJ,KQ,33 thats 2+8+4+8+3 = 25 you are behind and 6*7 = 42 you are ahead.
MP coldcalled preflop, so its hard to put him on a hand, I would worry about his coldcall on the flop though.
You only have to be good around 20% if you call down(11:2).
I would probably call the turn and fold if MP3 raise.

I think it would be reasonable for UTG to stop and go with a pock pair if he thinks that he can make you muck a bigger one.
If MP3 was solid I would just muck on the flop, but nothing indicates that he is.

bisonbison
03-18-2004, 03:16 PM
Yeah, it was actually MP3 who convinced me to fold. No read on either player, but I felt like it was a bit of a protected pot, so the odds of UTG bluffing were lower.
Still, in retrospect, most player would checkraise me with a king after I raised the flop.

Turns out your read was right. Both players showed down TT.