PDA

View Full Version : Poker room making some big claims.

Cptkernow
03-17-2004, 09:26 PM
Was in my local supermarket today (Penzance UK), they have a magazine section. My eyes catch the word POKER spread across the front of a certain publication.

Its a new magazine about gambling called Inside Edge. ( I gambled I bought it I lost (£3.99) its [censored].)

However on page 4 or 5 PokerRoom have an advert in which they make some rather bold claims.
The add has a banner asking "So, what do YOU look for in an online poker site"

It then has like a list of features that it somehow implies are exclusive to Pokerroom, the second of these reads:

"A massive global poker playing community? Say upwards of 1.5 million"

Later the add then goes onto say:

"If you are allready one of the 100,000 UK based PokerRoom.com accounts you will know all about the daily cash tournaments, etc etc blah blah blah."

100,000 UK based accounts. I must log on there at the wrong time of day or sumfink, coz I aint seen em, or they must have bust out to the top 10,000 players ??? or what.
Surely this figure just a blatant lie and not even a massaged statistic.

Answers on a postcard please.

BradleyT
03-17-2004, 09:33 PM
If they have 4-5000 on at peak times they probably have 100,000+ members.

Cptkernow
03-17-2004, 09:44 PM
What just in the UK (Thats the claim)
I doubt it.

Also I ahve just been reading through the magazine. They have a page devoted to talking up the online presence of the magazine. This page contains a paragraph that reads thus:

"In the Inside Edge poker room, for example, you can play poker online against other readers and also against Pokerrooms other one million players"

Lies lies lies.

gushansen
03-18-2004, 02:17 AM
deposited 500, ended up losing 400 not because of getting outplayed, because the software is all messed up, they only gave me 1 second to act or i would time out meaning i forfeit the hand, i didnt get to play aces, and other premium stuff, i emailed them for a refund and they gave me 10$, DONT EVER PLAY ON THAT SITE

Thats Interesting!
03-18-2004, 02:43 AM
Pokerroom was my first online game for about a year. When it first started it was prety good. Now it seem to have gone to sh*t. The software has not improved, it actually has gone down in quality IMO. There are more problems with the site now then ever-b4.

I play there from time to time but think Empire and Party rules!

/images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

J.R.
03-18-2004, 02:45 AM
Perhaps the words "play money" have some sort of relevance here. The ad doesn't say anyhting about currently active accounts, either. I know many people who started at PR because of the web based java (no download) and user friendly play money who have moved on to other sites, yet still have PR accounts.

lefty rosen
03-19-2004, 02:36 AM
The probably have 100,000 accounts I myself have 3 and when they first started and were desperate for real money customers they credited your account with 10 dollars and you didn't have to have your name and address verified(not that small amount could do much with the crackheads that played low limits there). As for the new software its better graphic wise but it is more cumbersome than the previous and they still don't have any consistent action above 1/2 and 2/4 short. But when they do have full or short 25/50 its very soft for that limit almost laughable (it seems softer than 2/4 short if that's possible).

Cptkernow
03-19-2004, 06:07 AM
100,000 thousand accounts maybe, BUT not just in the UK which is thier claim.

Poker blog
03-21-2004, 09:37 PM
They are obviously including pay money accounts.

OnlinePokerCoach
03-21-2004, 11:36 PM
They are probably not lying. I doubt that they would lie in an advertisement, especially since they do not need to. They could just as easily make an enticing ad without such claims. They are probably including play money players that have signed up since they opened up years ago.

Cheers,
OnlinePokerCoach

runninonmt
03-22-2004, 12:24 PM
I doubt that they're lying, but even if they were, who is going to do anything about it? I doubt there is anyone that regulates 'truth in advertising' standards for the online gaming industry.