PDA

View Full Version : Kxs...worth calling?

heatscan
03-17-2004, 08:46 PM
I almost always enter with Axs and muck unless I flop at least a two pair or a four flush. I'm generally pretty good about getting away from pair of aces, low kicker (perhaps too cautious). I was wondering if I should expand to Kxs and follow the same strategy. I figure the odds of losing to an A-high flush are too low to counteract the times when I get a flush and win. Any thoughts?

gavrilo
03-17-2004, 08:49 PM
I don't normally play Kxs except when the world limps to me in LP and/or i'm in the blinds.

1800GAMBLER
03-17-2004, 09:37 PM
You shouldn't be playing A,xs from anywhere on party. You'll have to fold preflop too many times to make it profitable. K,xs is a LP 3+ limpers hand.

SpaceAce
03-17-2004, 09:37 PM
KXs is very dangerous in no limit Hold'Em, I think. You are flirting with some serious second-best hand issues. I will play it from the blinds or behind an extraordinary number of limpers but even then I proceed cautiously because one of those limpers might have the Ace.

SpaceAce

limon
03-17-2004, 11:39 PM
never worth calling but i will raise with it. there are some weak players who have never folded a flush in their life. if one (or 2) of these dudes limps and im near the button ill give a quick check of my left and get a feel for any heat behind me. if the coast seems clear, ill raise. now im gonna bet any flopped if checked to and probably take it down right there. if i get called and have nothing im done with it, if i have a king or hit my x ill probably check through on the turn. if he bets the river i'll call probably less than half the time...thats not what i came for. i came to pick up a 9BB pot or win a monster pot when we hit together.