PDA

View Full Version : A3s - too aggressive or did I chicken out?

Warik
03-17-2004, 08:31 PM
In hindsight I think I might have too busy adjusting my skirt to play the turn properly. What do you think?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.stompandcrush.com/cgi-bin/hhparser.cgi)

Preflop: Warik is MP1 with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif. MP3 posts a blind of $0.50.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, Warik calls, MP2 calls, MP3 (poster) checks, CO folds, Button folds, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (6 SB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Warik raises</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, <font color="CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Warik caps</font>, MP2 calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (13 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, Warik calls, MP2 calls.

River: (18 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="CC3333">Warik raises</font>, MP2 folds, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Final Pot: 26 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 26 BB, between UTG+1, Warik, SB and BB.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Warik (26 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
BB shows Jd Ts (two pair, jacks and tens).
UTG+1 shows Js Ac (two pair, jacks and sevens).
Warik shows Ah 3h (flush, ace high).
SB shows Qs 9d (two pair, queens and sevens).
Outcome: Warik wins 26 BB. </font>

Trix
03-17-2004, 08:34 PM
Well played.
Why do you consider raising the turn ?

bisonbison
03-17-2004, 08:43 PM
Great flop cap. Good turn call. Good river raise.

What's the problem?

If you raise the turn you may get 3-bet, and you're probably gonna lose some callers. If you lose any callers, you'll be losing a little money on each additional dollar put in on the turn. Get to the river as cheaply as possible.

Warik
03-18-2004, 12:06 AM
I considered raising the turn for value just like I did on the flop. The players involved must be in love with something if they are participating in the flop cap.

Afterward I thought: "Hmm... if I pump the turn then I might be able to make the bets that I wouldn't be able to make on the river after it's blatant how big of a hand I have," but then considered that I could also throw a lot of money into the pot I won't get out if I don't make my hand.

So I attack the flop for value, I attack the river because I made my hand, but I just call the turn? Any reason in particular?

What if I were drawing to a king-high flush? Is it appropriate to play a king-high draw the same way as this ace-high?