PDA

View Full Version : Raise the nuts flush on the river on a paired board?

Guido
03-17-2004, 06:08 PM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Guido is MP2 with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, Guido calls, CO folds, Button folds, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Guido bets</font>, SB calls, BB folds, MP1 folds.

Turn: (3 BB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Guido bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Guido 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB caps</font>, Guido calls.

River: (11 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Guido calls.

Final Pot: 13 BB

Guido

Sarge85
03-17-2004, 06:14 PM
I have no doubt your opponent has the Jack.

The question is does he have J4s J5s J7s - being from the small blind - he certainly could be playing any two suited. He's playing his Jack like most LL players would. Check the flop then come alive on the turn and river.

I think since you got your raises in on the turn, and he came out firing again in the midst of a flush - I'd just call the river bet.

Hard to say without knowing more of the SB betting tendicies.

Sarge/images/graemlins/diamond.gif