PDA

View Full Version : Should i have bet my AJ here

Noodles
03-17-2004, 10:31 AM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed)
Table has a few bluffers and calling stations
converter (http://www.stompandcrush.com/cgi-bin/hhparser.cgi)

Preflop: Noodles is UTG+1 with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">Noodles raises</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Noodles checks( I knew that a bluff would not work here as the 2 guys would definetly call), CO checks.

Turn: (3.25 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Noodles checks (thinking now i should have tried a bet here) CO checks.

River: (3.25 BB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Noodles checks, CO checks.

Final Pot: 3.25 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 3.25 BB, between CO, BB and Noodles.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Noodles (3.25 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
BB shows Qs 8c (high card, king).
Noodles shows Ad Js (high card, ace).
CO shows 5d Ah (high card, ace).
Outcome: Noodles wins 3.25 BB. </font>

Nottom
03-17-2004, 03:44 PM
I'd probably go ahead and bet the flop. Most people will put you on AK when you raise preflop and fold if they don't have something and on that board there is a pretty good chance they don't have anything.

BIGRED
03-17-2004, 03:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
... and on that board there is a pretty good chance they don't have anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

How do you figure that his opponents likely don't have anything on that flop? With the K and two hearts on the flop, I would check as noodles did.

novamob
03-17-2004, 04:01 PM
I bet the flop.

lil'
03-17-2004, 04:37 PM
I knew that a bluff would not work here as the 2 guys would definetly call
Maybe a flop bet here isn't a bluff at all. Maybe you bet because you have a good chance of having the best hand here.