PDA

View Full Version : Edwards for VP?

PuppetMaster
03-17-2004, 09:14 AM
Edwards is popular in the South, as polls have shown. The West and North do not find the southern man charming, and he is no Jack Kennedy to begin with. Bush will dominate the South. Does anyone think Edwards can take either of the Carolina's away from Dubbya?

This being said, it would only make sense for Kerry to take someone in an important region.

Florida can easily make or break the election for Kerry, just like last year.

Bob Grahm has alot of followers in this state. I think he would be a wiser choice over Nelson. Also, notice that Bob Graham conveinantly dropped out of the presidential race early - and was believed to have cut a deal with Dean to run as VP.

Bob Graham would make alot of sense for VP.

Another popular choice has been Richardson. Let me ask this in all honesty, will the americans appreciate a spanish VP? Im not trying to be rascist, just realistic? It likely win him New Mexico, but that is all.

Hilary Clinton is an insane option. She is not popular anywhere, and there is No way in earth she is going to make the ticket. Clark is a clown. He has no political experience, and I dont really see him adding anything special to the ticket.

Which gets me to my next point...Kerry has taken the stance that he agrees with Bush's decisions, just not with the way he went about them. This is not going to get the American People to vote out an incumbent president. The reason Kerry has taken this stance is because the country has gone so conservative as of late - and he is going to want to avoid "liberal figureheads" like Gephert.
The only intelligent choice I see to have poked his head so far is Bob Graham.

Opinions?

GWB
03-17-2004, 02:06 PM
In my opinion, Edwards would have been the tougher Presidential nominee (but now my brother will have to deal with him in '08)

As a VP candidate he brings little to the ticket, because he won't have much effect on the south - which will be solid for me.

A midwestern VP nominee will be tougher - but I am going to win in a landslide anyway!

Texas Rules! Massashooshets Drools!

Dynasty
03-17-2004, 05:16 PM
Why is it difficult for some people to put a thread like this in the appropriate "Other Topics" forum? (Part I of III)