PDA

View Full Version : Stats Analysis

xerxes
03-17-2004, 08:39 AM
I'm 6000 hands in at Party $2/$4, and I know full well that this is too small a sample to try to draw precise conclusions from. But I thought it might be enough to see if I'm making any gross errors that a more experienced eye might pick out immediately. Here are some of my stats:

VP$IP: 23% overall, 41% from SB
PFR : 8%
Won when seeing a flop: 31%
Went to showdown when saw flop: 35%
Won when showdown: 53%

Action % (raise/bet/call/check/fold)
On flop: 8/24/18/29/21
On turn: 5/33/18/26/19
On rivr: 4/20/21/42/14

Won when calling on river: 32%
Folded to river bet: 41%

Does anything stand out as obviously askew? What should I be looking for in order to detect leaks?

Izverg04
03-17-2004, 10:40 AM
Scroll down in this post: Evaluating my plays (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Number=464069) to find what an expert's stats might look like.

It appears that you are not yet properly tight pre-flop, you are not folding enough post-flop (especially on the flop) which shows in fewer than recommended won showdowns.

xerxes
03-17-2004, 03:30 PM
Yes, that is perfect!

Is there a FAQ where someone has assembled pointers to some of the "classic" articles on here from a variety of topics?

tripdad
03-17-2004, 04:19 PM
i think you are a little loose preflop, except from sb, where you are excessively tight. your win % at showdown is a tad low, but nothing alarming. you are not as aggressive as you should be post flop, which means that you are probably keeping less than desirable cards.

as for sb, lets say that you have 3 cold callers preflop plus the bb. at 2/4, you have 8-1 pot odds. even 7-2 off is only a 7-1 dog against pocket aces. not to say you should play that, but keep this in mind when mulling a call. i call with any Q or above, any 2 suited cards and any 2 connectors assuming proper odds, ie...enough callers. btw, i also WIN from small blind. not just without the blind, but overall. sb should be your loosest position assuming no raise.

cheers!

Izverg04
03-17-2004, 05:12 PM
Not that I know of, but if someone maintained a "best of" list, it would be a great service, and not only to beginners.