PDA

View Full Version : Oh, man. This was just like sex only not as messy.

SpaceAce
03-17-2004, 08:23 AM
Sometimes there's a fish... If you've seen the Big Lebowski you understand that line. Tonight, I found the fish and he was the perfect fish for his time and place.

I won't bore you with details but suffice it to say that lately the fish have been having a field day with my money. No draw is too exotic and no cards too weak to play against me. My session with this fish started out predictably enough with him sucking out on me a couple of times and sharing a pot with me when I had KK and he capped an unimproved QJo on the flop only to have the turn and river put out a complete straight.

This fish was truly a grade-A 100% fish and the table was short-handed. I knew I would get a shot at him.

Well, I got my chance. This particular fish plays crummy hands and no matter what he actually has, he pretends it's the nuts once he starts betting. The fish also has an ego problem and will cap EVERY time he is three-bet pre-flop and usually post-flop as well.

Here is how the hand went down:

I get interracial Jacks in the small blind. Three people including the fish limp and I raise. The big blind and all three limpers call the raise.

Flop: 8AJ rainbow

That's swell. I bet, two players call, the fish (surprise!) raises, the button folds, I reraise, one of the limpers calls, the other limper folds, the fish (surprise!) caps, I call and the last remaining limper calls.

Turn: 4 completing the rainbow.

I bet, the limper, perhaps finally sensing danger, folds, the fish (surprise!) raises, I reraise, the fish caps, I call.

River: 4

I bet, the fish raises, I reraise, the fish caps, I call.

I cannot tell you how disgusted I am that there is a cap heads-up.

I show my boat and the fish shows... A7o. I drag a $107 pot. $107 is not a lot in raw dollars but that is a big pot for $2/$4 and taking it from that fish made it feel like $107,000. The online fish usually suck up my money and spew it back all over the rest of the table. This is the first time in recent memory that I really got to stick it to the fish who stuck it to me. I bascially took back all the profit he had made and he bled away the rest of his money pretty rapidly with me getting a dollar of it here and there.

No one cares, I know. Still, this was a fantastic hand for me. I loved every second of it.

SpaceAce

ElSapo
03-17-2004, 08:54 AM
Since you started it, this is awesome and it just happened to me...

Table 1, TT in the BB and I flop a set on a TKQr board. The other -three- players in the hand each hold 9J.

Table 2, same time, I have AA and we cap three ways. The guy who capped it folded the river, but I chopped with another AA.

Table 3, AT in the SB, chop-chop with another AT.

That's awesome. Five hands later my quads win 2 BB. I'm on fire.

El Sapo

chesspain
03-17-2004, 09:43 AM
SpaceAce,

I counted at least twenty times that you used the word "fish." Do you really need to ridicule your opponent(s) so intensely, especially since their mistakes are what makes this game so profitable for you?

sfer
03-17-2004, 11:20 AM
There's something totally crummy about chopping AA with someone else's AA. I went 7 bets PF at Borgata once before I said, "Do you have the red ones? I've got the black ones," and we chopped the pot.

sfer
03-17-2004, 11:22 AM
SpaceAce abides.

03-17-2004, 11:31 AM
And when the "fish" outdraws them with his 2 outer, they call him an idiot or a moron. Go figure. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

ElSapo
03-17-2004, 11:32 AM
There's something totally crummy about chopping AA with someone else's AA.

Somehow I chopped maybe 3 or 4 pots this morning, the AA being the most frustrating. It was that kind of morning - either I lost a middle sized pot or chopped a big one. And then AA got cracked by SB's 34o, which three-bet when the button went for a steal. Bahahahaha! Gamble!

Caffine this morning. Beer last night. And 7-11 taquitos. Beer tonight. Happy St. Patrick's Day people.

El Sapo

SpaceAce
03-17-2004, 03:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
SpaceAce,

I counted at least twenty times that you used the word "fish." Do you really need to ridicule your opponent(s) so intensely, especially since their mistakes are what makes this game so profitable for you?

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't name the fish and "fish" is hardly a nasty insult like "jerk", "idiot", "ass" or the many other things I see people call their opponents around here. I don't see much difference between fish and villain when describing boneheaded play. Besides, he IS a fish and that's a fact. It's not like I gave his username or the hand number.

SpaceAce

SpaceAce
03-17-2004, 03:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Table 2, same time, I have AA and we cap three ways. The guy who capped it folded the river, but I chopped with another AA.

[/ QUOTE ]

That also happened to me in the same session as the hand above.

SpaceAce

SpaceAce
03-17-2004, 03:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
SpaceAce abides.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh heh.

SpaceAce

SpaceAce
03-17-2004, 03:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
And when the "fish" outdraws them with his 2 outer, they call him an idiot or a moron. Go figure. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You must be talking about some other "they" because I don't do any such thing. I suppose it's possible that I've said idiot or stupid to describe a particular fishy play here on the messge board but I've never said anything remotely like that to a "fish" (your quotation marks because someone who sucks at poker and throws money away is a fish whether it's a nice word or not).

SpaceAce