PDA

View Full Version : Does it ever bother you how you lose? A KK hand...

Zetack
03-17-2004, 03:38 AM
PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.stompandcrush.com/cgi-bin/hhparser.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, Hero raises, MP3 folds, CO 3-bets, Button calls, SB folds, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, Hero caps, CO calls, Button calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (17.50 SB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, Hero bets, CO calls, Button calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (10.75 BB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, Hero bets, CO calls, Button folds, UTG+1 folds.

River: (12.75 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero bets, CO calls.

Final Pot: 14.75 BB

Ok, even as I was moving the mouse for the river bet I was thinking, "please don't let him beat me with a flush. Please no flush..." Two pair, trips, Aces, anything, just not another damn rivered flush....

Anybody else ever care what beats em? Ordinarily I don't but I've been having a brutal few days. Absolutely brutal.

Still, I was rather bemused to find myself thinking that, because like I say, what does it matter what beats you. Unless you hate making a bad read. And its hard to see what two pair or set hand (or even trip eights) he was likely to 3 bet the PF with.

Course when he didn't raise me on the river I thought, not an A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif then, maybe a smaller flush? And then I thought, is it possible my hand might actually be good?---nawww that be couldn't be, we wouldn't want to violate the order of the universe now would we?

--Zetack

JudgeRW
03-17-2004, 09:09 AM
Nice post Zet. Had me laughing, thinking of all the times I've said/done that same thing.

Here's hoping your swing turns itself around.

kiemo
03-17-2004, 12:52 PM
I have come to the point where I want to basically throw away ANY hand I have when I see 3 of a suit on the board.

So I feel your pain!

JDErickson
03-17-2004, 01:44 PM
And then the sinking feeling when he turns over 76o and drags the pot.

See this post:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Number=582292&amp;page=1&amp;view=collap sed&amp;sb=5&amp;o=14&amp;fpart=1

Jim

JDErickson
03-17-2004, 01:49 PM
Hey Zetack,
Seems like March is a killer month for a lot of people.

Feb I was at 4.43 BB/100 at 2/4. So far in Mar I'm at -(.18 bb/100)

2 nights ago I was beat twice by RR flushes. twice by rivered gutshot straights. Once at 5/10 When my AQs flopped top 2 pair and was beat by rivered trips. KK bet by a slow played AA when I was raised on the river.

Keep the faith it will turn around

ctv1116
03-17-2004, 02:02 PM
Just stay the course and be patient; all of a sudden you'll start hitting everything and be up 50BB in 100 hands.

fluff
03-17-2004, 04:52 PM
I would *much* rather he beat me with a runner-runner flush (assuming no other legitimate hand for him such as say 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif), since this would indicate an opponent who is willing to pay you off handsomely to chase his long shot.

[ QUOTE ]
Course when he didn't raise me on the river I thought, not an A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif then

[/ QUOTE ]

I figure you holding the K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif should make this pretty obvious?

Zetack
03-17-2004, 06:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Course when he didn't raise me on the river I thought, not an A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif then

[/ QUOTE ]

I figure you holding the K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif should make this pretty obvious?

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol--yeah. I think as I reached to bet my actual thought process went something like Basta...um...villain--probably 3 bet with a Big Suited ace...no raise? Then what is he going to turn over that beats me?

Big suited ace somehow became A-K suited in my posting process. What I need (along with a poker coach apparently) is an editor...

Oh...and he turned over A/images/graemlins/heart.gif Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif for just a buncha overcards. The universe actually rocked on its axis for a moment as my hand held up (did anybody else feel that?). Didn't save my negative 22 BB session, but was a nice change of pace.