PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Bet -- Ultimate Bet Points redemption problems.

anusbung
03-17-2004, 03:15 AM
Background:

I used to like playing at UltimateBet.com. I racked up some 20,000 ultimate points on their system. I finally ordered a couple items totalling around 12,000 points back on January 15th or so. After not hearing back from them after a week, I sent the request again. After another week, I sent them another request. I kept getting back a message telling me that my message was being forwarded to the points department, but then no one would ever reply to me. Finally after about three weeks they deducted the 12,000 points from my account and said they would ship my stuff in 30 days. That's been over 7 weeks now -- and I still don't have my merchandise. I sent them more letters -- and I still don't ever get answers -- just notices that my request is being sent to "the points department". (is this another name for the trash can?)

Now I see that they have changed the value of the items that you can purchase with points -- by a factor of 3 to 5 times as many points as before -- so now a hat costs 1500 points instead of 300.

There's no doubt in my mind that UB will constantly up their prices on their points merchandise to prevent people from ever getting a hold of any of their "good" stuff.

I mean how could anyone justify hanging on to their ultimate points if they constantly triple the amount it takes to buy anything with them?

Is this a new problem with Ultimate Bet ? I've ordered smaller items in the past and got them promptly, but I can't get them to send my stuff now. Does it bother anyone else that when you earn your points trying to earn something that they are likely to change the price of the item before you can buy it?

Whats the deal? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

thirddan
03-17-2004, 03:29 AM
I ordered a hat using my UB points in November when i moved from UB to Party... i got my hat last week...not really sure why i got a hat though...

ThePopinjay
03-17-2004, 04:02 AM
Sounds pretty shady to me. I use my points to play multis.

rusty JEDI
03-17-2004, 04:57 AM
The hat has been 1500 points for a long time. I dont think i ever remember seeing it at 300. The only thing i noticed that went up in price recently was the jacket (that also affected the price of the hat/shirt/jacket combo).

I ordered a hat, shirt, and girls shirt on February 27th. I was actually 200 points short but told them i wanted to order them all now and not order 2 now and 1 later. I said i would owe them the points. They emailed me back and said that would be fine. I received the items on March 12th. Two weeks is pretty good if you ask me.

Only complaint is on the duty declaration (im in Canada) They put the value as $30 total so i was dinged $10.76 for duty.

rJ

Hung
03-17-2004, 07:54 AM
I got all my stuff in 3 weeks.
No problems with e-mails at all.

wm r the rake
03-17-2004, 11:33 AM
I’ve had no problems with receiving my stuff from them....also another way of collecting points is to play on the tables for points instead of money...i usually play both the money games and at the same time play no limit for points.....just need 40,000 for the lap top...wahoooooo /images/graemlins/grin.gif

csuf_gambler
03-17-2004, 07:18 PM
i had the same exact problem. i had to send 3 emails just to place my order. then like a week later,they finally replied, said they placed my order and it would arrive in 10-15 days. heres the emails

email 1. jan 23:
"Hi I would like to redeem my UB points for the men's "Team UB polo shirt". Size large. Thanks"

email 2. jan 23. later that day after i sent the the first email, i thought my thing had timed out and didnt send it and also i didnt get one of those automated responses. so i sent another email on the same day:
"I sent an email earlier today requesting to redeem my UB points. It appears that you guys did not recieve that email so I'm sending this one. Please redeem my UB points for the mens "Team UB polo shirt". Size large. Also please send it to this alternate address as my apartment does not allow packages.

(alternate address)"

email 3. jan 24. a day later i send this email titled "PLEASE HELP":
"For the love of god, please help me. This is my third email I am sending about this matter. I have sent two previous emails and have not gotten any help.

I wish to redeem my UB points. I want to redeem my points for the men's "Team UB polo shirt". Size large. Also please send it to this alternate address as my apartment does not allow packages.

(alternate address)"

jan 24. they finally send a reply. it was in response to my email #2:
"Hello ****,

We will forward this to our marketing department. They will get back at you as soon as they can.

Please let us know if you need any further assistance. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Frank
Customer Service Department"

jan 24. that same day, i get a response for my angry email #3:
"Hello,

I will forward your request to the ultimatepoints department and they will answer you as soon as possible.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.Thank you.

Vanessa
Customer service"

jan 27. i finally get a reply to email #1. i guess it went thru afterall:
"Hello there,

Thank you for your Ultimate Players Club rewards request. We are
currently processing your order as shown below, and it will be process
on the 1st Of February and may take up to 10 to 15 days to arrive.

Item: Team UB Polo Shirt- Size L

We hope that you enjoy your rewards!

Sincerely,

Jane"

same day, i had to reply to that email:
"Hi, my apartment does not allow packages, so can you guys please send the package to this alternate address. Thank you
(alternate address)"

jan 28. i get a reply from them.
"Hello there,

I have changed your pervious address request.

Sincerely,
Jane"

so now im thinking sweet they fuked up and are now sending me 2 shirts. wrong.

of course a month goes by and i still havnt gotten anything.

FEB 29. i reply to the last email from jane:
"Hello, I have yet to receive the package."

FEB 29. i get this reply:
"Hello,

Your order can take up to two weeks to be delivered , depending on your location. We highly appreciate your understanding and patience. Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Stephen
Costumer Service Department."

i didnt know whether to get mad or laugh at that reply. keep in mind that when i sent them the email, i attached the whole convo from before. the guy obviously didnt even bother to read the whole email which has all the dates and info. heres what the whole email he sent me looked like:

-------------------PLEASE ATTACH THIS MESSAGE TO YOUR REPLY-----------------

> Hello, I have yet to receive the package.
>

> On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 13:20:21 -0500
> "Member Services" <memberservices@ultimatebet.com> wrote:
> >Hello there,
> >
> >I have changed your pervious address request.
> >
> >The address was changed to:
> >
> >******
> >

> >Sincerely,
> >Jane

FEB 29. on the same day, while containing my rage, i replied with this email:
"Please look at the date in which you guys sent the email confirming my order, it has been over a month."

MAR 2. two days later, they send me this email:
"Hello there,

I will need to confirm with our merchant concerning this.

I do apologize for the inconvenience.

Sincerely,

Jane"

and about 2 weeks later, i finally get my shirt, only 1 tho. guess they still fubared the 2nd one. so u see, they really dont know what the fuk is going on. the emails keep getting bounced around to different staff members. i think this rivals party's customer service.

MicroBob
03-17-2004, 07:35 PM
"i think this rivals party's customer service."

i disagree.
i actually think ub's customer service i worse than party's.
just my experience.

anusbung
03-17-2004, 09:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The hat has been 1500 points for a long time. I dont think i ever remember seeing it at 300. The only thing i noticed that went up in price recently was the jacket (that also affected the price of the hat/shirt/jacket combo).

[/ QUOTE ]

I apologize if I was wrong about the prices. Maybe my memory is failing me. I did notice the Jacket price and the Jacket Combo is much higher than it was when I ordered it (I thought it was 4750 in January -- but it must've been 9500 and now its like 13K +.

The keep sending me e-mail asking me to be patient and that my e-mails are being forwarded to marketing. But I still don't have my stuff.

Should I just send them a letter every day?

eggzz
03-17-2004, 11:31 PM
I ordered the polo shirt on 1/26 and it arrived last Thursday. Sounds like your stuff should arrive any day now. Nice shirt too, I recommend it. Go a size larger. I'm five seven, one fifty and the XL is the size for me.

Losing all
03-18-2004, 12:54 AM
I've taken bigger craps. Do they offer 6xxl?

rusty JEDI
03-18-2004, 02:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I ordered the polo shirt on 1/26 and it arrived last Thursday. Sounds like your stuff should arrive any day now. Nice shirt too, I recommend it. Go a size larger. I'm five seven, one fifty and the XL is the size for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting. I ordered the polo and im 6'0 190 and the large is too big.

[ QUOTE ]
The keep sending me e-mail asking me to be patient and that my e-mails are being forwarded to marketing. But I still don't have my stuff.

Should I just send them a letter every day?

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently at UB the word around the zoo is that you should sent it attention: Emma. As far as UB support goes, she always gets the job done.