PDA

View Full Version : Aces! Another AA hand

Ric
03-17-2004, 02:32 AM
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (8 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, Hero raises, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, CO calls, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets, MP2 calls, CO calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (7.75 BB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets, MP2 calls, CO calls, BB raises, UTG folds, Hero 3-bets, MP2 folds, CO calls, BB caps, Hero calls, CO calls.

River: (20.75 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, CO bets, BB raises, Hero calls, CO calls.

Final Pot: 26.75 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
BB shows Js Jc (three of a kind, jacks).
Hero shows Ac Ad (one pair, aces).
CO shows Jh Qd (one pair, jacks).
Outcome: BB wins 26.75 BB. </font>

Should I have folded the river? The pot seemed too big to fold. Any comments appreciated.

thirddan
03-17-2004, 02:36 AM
i would call down also...looks like TJ to me...

Nottom
03-17-2004, 03:41 AM
Looks like a pretty easy river fold to me, I would usually just call the turn bet as well.

asdf1234
03-17-2004, 04:22 AM
It doesn't look like a great idea to 3 bet the turn. Most of the time you're going to be behind. Although the pot is big on the end, two consecutive checkraises by the BB signal that your aces are no good, plus there's a possibility of a reraise.

MrDannimal
03-17-2004, 01:05 PM
I'm a sissy, so I would have called the turn raise as well. I also would have folded the river to a 2nd C/R.

That said, is there any merit to 3-betting the turn planning to fold to a cap? It costs the same as calling the turn raise and a river bet. Although, it prevents you from hitting your 2-outer. Dunno.

kiemo
03-17-2004, 01:07 PM
My limited experience at micro is that players will almost always check/call on the flop if they hit their set and then come out aggressive on the turn.

Hence in this hand I like to think I would call the turn and fold the river when a third person showed aggression when a possible straight card fell (i would be asking myself if CO had proper odds to draw at his OESD this whole time?)

Ric
03-17-2004, 02:18 PM
Thanks for the responses everyone, I'll post what I was thinking.

I thought I did preflop and flop fine, standard poker I guess. I think my first mistake was 3-betting the turn. I only recently started to play 1/2 (still mainly in .50/1), and the tables seem a lot tighter and more aggressive than .50/1. I should have given the turn checkraise a lot more credit, since BB could have easily had JT or a slowplayed set. I thought JT because he didn't 3-bet preflop. I think calling the cap was close to ok, since I was getting about 20-1 on the call and a rivered 2 pair or set could may well win me the pot. At the river, when BB checked again, I knew he was trying to checkraise me so I was hoping that CO wouldn't bet. Sadly he did, and BB happily raised. It should have been an easy fold right there, but I called like a moron. I then added CO to my buddy list.

ctv1116
03-17-2004, 02:25 PM
Do NOT fold the river under any circumstances. The fish at 1/2 do some very strange plays.

aas
03-17-2004, 02:39 PM
You have shown agression before the flop and on the flop. Then you are check-raised on the turn. This is at least a two-pair. At Party 1/2, I would still call the turn and check-call the river with such a big pot (if I have no read on BB).

aas.