PDA

View Full Version : AQ giving me trouble again..

DeathDonkey
03-17-2004, 01:56 AM
Early in a $5 + 0.50 multi on UB, I am down some from a poorly played hand in the BB. Started with 1000, I have 700. Blinds are 15/30.

Two limpers preflop, I make it 130 to go with AQo. Everyone folds except one of the limpers (he has limped into alot of pots, otherwise I don't have much of a read).

Flop comes 988 two clubs (I don't have a club). He bets out minimum (30) which I think for awhile and call. Turn is Ace of spades and he again bets the minimum. I raise to 175 and he quickly reraises all in (he has me covered). After my raise I have 325 left. I think awhile and muck it.

I think my biggest error was raising the turn instead of just calling, but I thought he may be on a 9 or a 4-flush draw. Should I have raised the flop instead? I feel confident his reraise all in was with an 8, I'm wondering how I could have found this out without giving him the extra 200 chips I did.

Thanks for any replies or suggestions,
-DeathDonkey

AceKQJT
03-17-2004, 10:22 AM
Hi DeathDonkey,
I'm thinking the guy has 9-9, personally. I mean, he called a nice raise pre-flop, and I can't think of a hand with only one 8 in it that he should have seen the flop with.

I was in a SNG. I had AA on the button with my starting stack. Blinds 10/15. 5 limpers, I make it 150 to go. SB & BB call. Flop comes 4-8-8. SB checks, BB Checks, I bet 300 into a ~500 pot. SB Folds, BB calls (hmmm). Turn is Ace. BB Checks, I bet 150, BB raises all-in (exactly what I wanted). I call (I'm all-in) BB shows 8-8 for a flopped quad!

I think you ran into something similar.

--Casey