PDA

View Full Version : Help me out

kiemo
03-17-2004, 01:12 AM
I am having a small bad run lately where I just cant seem to do anything. Havent seen in a straight or flush in over 400 hands and every decent hand I have been getting the flop is just completely missing me. So I present this hand to you as an example and give me some advice

PokerStars 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.stompandcrush.com/cgi-bin/hhparser.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, Hero raises, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, Hero bets, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds.

Turn: (8.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero bets, SB calls, BB folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

<font color="blue">
I got a feeling at this point someone has a K, but since this is micro they arent going to bet into me and they arent going to fold, so this is where I run into a huge brick wall! I cant check and give a flush or straight drawer a free card and I am probably betting with the second best hand with only 5 outs, and those arent very clean outs. How does one play this??</font>

River: (12.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG bets, UTG+1 calls, Hero folds, SB folds.

Final Pot: 14.50 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
UTG shows 3c 6c (flush, king high).
UTG+1 shows Ks Td (one pair, kings).
Outcome: UTG wins 14.50 BB. </font>

As a side note, the other table I jumped into on Stars tonight I watched the first 7 hands waiting for BB. These hands were won by 5 flushes, 1 quads, and 1 full house. In every hand the starting hands were hands that any decent player shouldve mucked without a second thought. Shouldve been an omen for me to go elsewhere.

Zetack
03-17-2004, 04:06 AM
Kiemo, I'm having a brutal brutal run on stars as well. Dis-proportionally few good starting hands, a bunch of missed flops, draws that don't hit, and flops that hit turning into monsters for my opponents. For me it's run many more hands than 400 and I suspect many I've taken a much bigger negative BB hit as well. If I weren't likely to clear a hundred BB bonus tomorrow I'd probably be tearing my hair out.

As it is, I'm a bit grumpy.

Ya think the dealer has decided to persecute 2+2er's?

Lol. Hang in there, hopefully it'll turn around for us both in our next session.

As for that hand...lots of weakness being shown so I don't blame you for your turn bet. A big field checking to you on both the flop and the turn...but think about taking the free card, anyone with a big hand is going to be thinking check raise, your bet won't lose the flush draw and you can re-evaluate the river... Its a bit weak, but you have so many ways to lose this hand its ridiculous. If you bet the turn and get c/r'd you either have to fold and don't see the river or its gonna cost you three BB's or more. Check and likely see the showdown for no more than the same one BB (or fold to a flush card and two bets to you).

It is absolutly infuriating that utg+1 didn't bet his pair of kings...what's he limping in with that hand for if he's not going to play it? But what can you do...

--Zetack

Nottom
03-17-2004, 04:11 AM
I would have likely played it the same way. Your gonna lose more often than not, but when it does hold up or you catch a nice river card you win a nice pot. I would defintly plan on checking behind unless I improved.

Good laydown on the river.