PDA

View Full Version : Folding TPTK on terrible board - weak or smart?

rjc199
03-16-2004, 10:11 PM
Party 0.5/1

I get AKo in BB. I raise, 5 callers

pot = 10 SB

Flop [ Th, Ah, 4h ]

I don't have a heart. SB checks, I bet, UTG raises, MP fish calls, all else fold. I fold.

Question. Was I wrong to fold TPTK on this board? I don't know what the guy had because the fish folded on the river.

Brian462
03-16-2004, 11:49 PM
I think you gave up too soon. Unless you think the raiser is so passive that he would not raise w/o a flush the fold is weak.

If I were UTG I would raise you w/ any ace and possibly any decent heart. Weaker players would possibly raise with worse and this is the exact type of flop that many loose-aggressives will bluff at. All in all, I think it adds up to a reraise on the flop at minimum, and you probably should call him down unless another player starts playing back at him.

I'd be interested to hear what others have to say here also.

thirddan
03-17-2004, 12:55 AM
i would probably call down unless another heart comes...

ThePopinjay
03-17-2004, 12:57 AM
I really don't like the bet here. I would go with check-raise, it would definetly scare em. If you're lucky they'll fold, if not a call probably means he's still 4 to a flush and a re-raise means auto-fold for me--just not enough outs to beat out a flush and too risky for me.

SpaceAce
03-17-2004, 01:13 AM
Ric, you're killing me! Three-bet this flop.

SpaceAce

James282
03-17-2004, 01:59 AM
Really Weak. He could have an ace with a heart pretty easily. This heart could be a Q, J, 9, 8, doesn't matter. The fish was clearly drawing to the heart flush as well. I would never fold this in a million years against an unknown opponent, and I would probably make it three-bets and go from there. Typical opponents don't raise their made flushes on the flop.
-James

StellarWind
03-17-2004, 09:24 AM
Reraise. You can't go through life playing people for flopped flushes. It doesn't happen that often. He could have a worse ace, K /images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif, a ten with a heart, a gutshot with a heart, a PP with a heart, or even just a big mouth.

Tosh
03-17-2004, 10:01 AM
Check raising is a bad idea here. What hand are you hoping to be able to check raise exactly ?