PDA

View Full Version : My Poker Site Reviews

XlgJoe
03-16-2004, 09:15 PM
I decided to write a review/history of sites for new online skeptics and conspiracy theory believers. Try to get people up to speed and on the same page as fast as possible.

Party Poker - (F)

The Biggest of the sites with the most fish. The fish are there because the site is the king of the rigged deal. The deal has been shown by experts, although not well respected, to reward bad play. Good players are forced to become losers and eventually whiners.

Paradise - (F)

Was the biggest site before Party and also well known for their rigged shuffles. In there prime they were also known for the cash-out curse. If you managed to overcome the rigged deal and cashed out you would become a losing player from that point on.

Poker Stars - (F)

Or as they are affectionately known by the regulars - River Stars. You never want to be all in with the favorite on the river. I believe this is also known as the 78% rule.

Ultimate Bet - (F)

This site relies heavily on the action flop. Everyone gets a good hand here. Throw in their high rake and fast speed and they are making a bundle.

Smaller Sites - (F-)

What can I say they’re too small to be making the money the legit way. They just have to be rigged.

Former Sites

Poker Spot - (?)

Was Possibly the only site that did not have a rigged deal. This site would have obtained a high rating but unfortunately owners left taking every ones money with them.

csuf_gambler
03-16-2004, 09:34 PM
wow not a single reputable site out there eh?

LargeCents
03-16-2004, 09:40 PM
So, where do you play?

XlgJoe
03-16-2004, 10:05 PM
No, but I hear Dutch Boyd wants to open another site. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

XlgJoe
03-16-2004, 10:09 PM
I use a bot, programmed it to play poor to take advantage of the sites. I guess you can buy bots from winholdem that already play poor, perfect for party poker.

ZeeJustin
03-16-2004, 11:29 PM
You sir, are a... Ok, you got lucky. My better judgement just kicked in and told me to be nice, so... Thank you for this wonderful post. It is filled with insightful things that are both true, and helpful to every poster on this forum. It has changed the way I think about online poker.

Styles
03-16-2004, 11:32 PM
I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter if the shuffle is rigged, if the cashier is.

GWB
03-16-2004, 11:37 PM
You'll happily note that none of these sites are based in the USA.

Lori
03-16-2004, 11:40 PM
Smaller Sites - (F-)

Skill poker is.

Lori

GWB
03-17-2004, 12:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Smaller Sites - (F-)

Skill poker is.

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the info.

Fwd: J. Ashcroft, AG, USDOJ

cmwings
03-17-2004, 08:30 PM
Lori, if you'll read the skillpoker fine print, they are based in "North America"'s only, blah blah blah...read the finer print "servers in Vancouver, B.C.". They pulled the based in Washington State fantasy when it was pointed out to them that the WSGC requires licensing. LPLE's fiasco-subsidiary, Skillpoker, Inc., is incorporated in Wash. St.

MG recently filed to dump some more shares on 3/15.
MJ's towel-boy really luvs his own company.

pokerboy11
03-17-2004, 08:51 PM
Sounds to me like someone no longer has money on ANY poker site due to some randoms lucksacking him out. heh, kinda funny IMO...