PDA

View Full Version : More misplaced aggression... hand #2

JSD
03-16-2004, 08:34 PM
All relevent opponents are typical Party loose passive.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.stompandcrush.com/cgi-bin/hhparser.cgi)

Preflop: JSD is MP1 with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, JSD raises, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button calls, SB calls, BB folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (11 SB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG bets, UTG+1 calls, JSD raises, Button calls, SB folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (9.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
UTG bets, UTG+1 calls, JSD folds, Button folds.

River: (11.50 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
UTG bets, UTG+1 calls.

Final Pot: 13.50 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
UTG shows 7h 9h (one pair, sevens).
UTG+1 shows 4c 5c (one pair, fives).
Outcome: UTG wins 13.50 BB. </font>

I felt like I played this miserably, but thats probably results-oriented thinking. My two main questions are:

1) Bad idea to raise this coordinated flop when you've already got a bet and a call on the table.

2) Call the turn with 7:1 odds on the overcards? Raise the turn against the likely straight draws? I wasn't sure what to make of a usually passive player betting into me when I had raised the flop.

I feel like my post-flop play with overcards is probably one of the biggest leaks in my game. The old weak-tight me probably folded this every time. But I feel like being overly aggressive with overcards is costing me a lot of money.

thirddan
03-16-2004, 11:05 PM
i think i would just call on this flop...raising will not win you this pot and most players will figure this flop missed a preflop raiser... on the turn when UTG bets into a raise i think you have to fold...

rayrns
03-17-2004, 09:47 AM
Flop: I think folding here is best. A bettor and a caller in front of you and all you can hit are your overcards. You have no other draws. There will be better hands coming up and you may want the money you save here to bet with.

chesspain
03-17-2004, 10:01 AM
No shame in folding this flop, since you basically have nothing, and you could easily be up against someone with a piece of the flop and an A-kicker.

I can't imagine that putting in two SBs on this flop would be a +EV play.

Trix
03-17-2004, 11:51 AM
I muck on the flop.

chief444
03-17-2004, 12:23 PM
I would probably lay this down on the flop. But if you're going to play on then I like the raise. You may get the button to fold giving you position and if everyone calls with no re-raise then I would consider my overcard outs good at that point, since you are representing a high pair. I would muck if anyone 3-bet representing a made hand (probably two pair, trips or a flopped straight). I'm not sure what I would have made of UTG's stop-n-go on the turn. It may have gotten me to lay down as well thinking that my overcard outs may not be good. I think at that point the turn call is close.