BB checks, EP1 checks, Hero bets, BB calls, EP1 folds

Turn(4 1/2 BB): 2c

BB checks, Hero bets, BB raises, Hero calls

River(8 1/2 BB): 6c

BB bets, Hero calls

CrackerZack
03-16-2004, 08:13 PM
You or him?

No. Actually this is just right. He could be taking a shot, especially because you raised your own post, but if he's bluffing, you don't want him to fold with a 3-bet.

balkii
03-16-2004, 08:50 PM
Dont post in EP

turnipmonster
03-16-2004, 11:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Dont post in EP

[/ QUOTE ]

lol. don't you know you get AA when you post in EP? it's a PP pattern map.

--turnipmonster

turnipmonster
03-16-2004, 11:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You or him?

[/ QUOTE ]

me. a vast majority of the time I get aces in 2/4, I decide I am going to see a showdown if I'm heads up almost all the time. I wonder if this is a good approach. in general, I seem to be paying off a lot in these games, so I want to post some hands to see if y'all think I'm a slot machine or not.

--turnipmonster

bdk3clash
03-19-2004, 11:32 AM
Welcome to a common limit scenario. Too bad you weren't playing your regular big-bet game, where you could have just pushed in/bet the pot on the flop. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

At the time of the check-raise, there are 7.5 BB in the pot. Your options as I see them here are to fold here or to call down. If you call down, you will most likely be getting 10.5:2 on your action.

(Correct me if I'm wrong--the 10.5 I got from adding the 7.5 BB in the pot, your turn call, his inevitable river bet, and your river call. The 2 I got from your call on the turn and your call on the river.)

At the LL games on Party, your AA will be good enough of the time to make this call profitable. This can be player dependent, though I think I make this laydown about never.

Come to think of it, this may be a leak in my game, but I'm sure I have much, much bigger ones to worry about. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Related question for everyone: What do you do if the river is not a /images/graemlins/club.gif and the BB checks?

CrackerZack
03-19-2004, 02:21 PM
Paying off on party 2-4 is a well honed skill. Mainly because half your opponents are batty. I can't remember the last time I didn't showdown AA on party heads up. Its possible it never happened. I wouldn't worry about this sitaution as slot-machine-esque.

schwza
03-19-2004, 03:32 PM
I would fold the river. I wouldn't call it down if I had the 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif for the flush so I see no reason to call with a pair.

Incidentally, there's an example in HEPFAP which says that in this situation (but presumably a higher-limit game) you should bet the turn but fold to a raise with aces when a 3rd flush card comes on the turn. I always thought that was stupid advice.

bdk3clash
03-19-2004, 03:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would fold the river. I wouldn't call it down if I had the 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif for the flush so I see no reason to call with a pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, because Party 2-4 players, would, like, never bluff in this situation... /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

The pot is laying you almost 10:1 to call on the river. If you were going to fold, fold the turn.