PDA

View Full Version : Play this hand any differently?

el_grande
03-16-2004, 07:15 PM
B&M 3/6 game. Typical players, nobody is real bad or real good. The player I get heads-up with is a young kid who seems new to the game but has book smarts. Straightforward player.

I am dealt A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif A /images/graemlins/heart.gif in the BB.

UTG calls, MP calls, MP3 calls, SB calls, I raise, everyone calls.

Flop: 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

SB checks, I bet, UTG calls, MP folds, MP3 raises, SB folds, I 3-bet, UTG folds, MP3 calls.

(Do you c/r this flop?)

Turn: T /images/graemlins/club.gif

I bet, MP3 calls.

(Just before the river, MP3 says "come on, pair the board")

River: T /images/graemlins/spade.gif

I check, MP3 bets, I call.

(Do you fold based on what he said?)

Results (in white): <font color="white"> MP3 has 77 for the boat </font>

Mike Gallo
03-16-2004, 07:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
B&amp;M 3/6 game. Typical players, nobody is real bad or real good. The player I get heads-up with is a young kid who seems new to the game but has book smarts. Straightforward player.

I am dealt A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif A /images/graemlins/heart.gif in the BB.

UTG calls, MP calls, MP3 calls, SB calls, I raise, everyone calls.

Flop: 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

SB checks, I bet, UTG calls, MP folds, MP3 raises, SB folds, I 3-bet, UTG folds, MP3 calls.

(Do you c/r this flop?)

Turn: T /images/graemlins/club.gif

I bet, MP3 calls.

(Just before the river, MP3 says "come on, pair the board")

River: T /images/graemlins/spade.gif

I check, MP3 bets, I call.

Results (in white): <font color="white"> MP3 has 77 for the boat </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

You played the hand well. He put you on a made flush. He should have popped you on the turn at least once.

JohnShaft
03-16-2004, 09:09 PM
Wow he was crazy timid huh?

No way in hell I fold on the River. And to me he didn't have much in the way of book smarts. His comment on the Turn (when construed as true) costs him a bet on the River. Without it I bet the River almost all the time, and he gets to raise.

I don't like his play, and I don't like his comment.
You played fine.

eh923
03-16-2004, 09:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]

(Do you c/r this flop?)

[/ QUOTE ]

No. You're not going to knock out anyone with a made flush or a diamond T or higher. Your bet was good since you (a) might be in the lead, (b) you have a draw to the nuts (well, a SF could be made on the next card), and (c) SHOULD get action from a set or a made hand that could help you decide to slow down.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Not a chance if you aren't positive he's telling the truth. You're getting 11-1 on the call.

You did everything you could that hand...including slowing down a guy who had the lead on the flop. Well played.

bunky9590
03-16-2004, 09:29 PM
BIG MISTAKE!

Though it did work out for me though. It was a huge pot, too.

Went something like this. (5-10 game)
Capped 4 way preflop and I had black QQ.

Flop came Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif T /images/graemlins/spade.gif All 4 players in for three more small bets, (yes I put in the last raise).

Turn came 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, I bet, 1 raise, reraise and cap back to me and I'm facing three cold.

The dealer "Jamie" Mike probably knows her from the Taj. Blonde, about 25 or so, and easy on the eyes. looks at me. I say " Jamie, PAIR THE F"N Board!" all call.

River pairs the board, I bet, no callers.

What a moron. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Mike Gallo
03-16-2004, 09:36 PM
Bunky,

If you made that comment now at that Borgata you would get raised /images/graemlins/cool.gif

I dont think that really affects players one way or another. I usually see the curiosity call.