PDA

View Full Version : A-Q off, Who's paying off who here?

Zetack
03-16-2004, 06:58 PM
Leaving aside the question of should it be: "paying off whom..."

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.stompandcrush.com/cgi-bin/hhparser.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
Hero raises, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds.

Flop: (5.50 SB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP1 bets, Hero calls.

Turn: (3.75 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP1 bets, Hero raises, MP1 calls.

River: (7.75 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero bets, MP1 raises, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11.75 BB

Well I didn't like the looks of that river raise at all...

--Zetack

Blindfolk
03-16-2004, 07:04 PM
Did MP1 have a Ace with high kicker?

SpaceAce
03-16-2004, 07:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Did MP1 have a Ace with high kicker?

[/ QUOTE ]

The play looks like a case of, "I fear the flush. Wait, not anymore."

SpaceAce

charlie_t_jr
03-16-2004, 07:36 PM
I think I'd be more apt to check raise the flop and either bet out on the turn....thoughts?

Zetack
03-17-2004, 03:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[
The play looks like a case of, "I fear the flush. Wait, not anymore."

SpaceAce

[/ QUOTE ]

Smart SpaceAce, very smart. He had Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif for the boat Queens full of tens.

Sbould I have just check/called the river? Too bad he had position on me...

--Zetack

MortalNuts
03-17-2004, 04:49 PM
No waaaaaay do you check-call the river here. Once he raises your river bet, you're entitled to be a bit scared, but not before. But I think you knew that. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Those passive Stars 0.50/1 players can be brutal sometimes -- I mean, you love it that they don't bet their hands, but yeesh. I've stopped being surprised at how many people will just call a PF raise with QQ, KK, AKs, even AA. And a 3-bet from a typical player at one of those tables means AA or KK like 90% of the time. It's just weird. On the plus side, it seems like it's been getting slightly better the last couple weeks, with a few honest-to-god live ones filtering onto the 0.50/1 and 1/2 tables; I'll be happier about that once the live ones stop drawing out on me so bloody frequently. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

And yeah, it's "paying off whom," btw. You're donating to him, not he.

aas
03-17-2004, 05:08 PM
The river bet is fine. He played his QQ like AKo. There was no reason for you to be scared.

Zetack
03-17-2004, 05:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No waaaaaay do you check-call the river here. Once he raises your river bet, you're entitled to be a bit scared, but not before. But I think you knew that. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I bet the river. Drat.

[ QUOTE ]

And yeah, it's "paying off whom," btw. You're donating to him, not he.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but that must not be the popular usuage because paying off whom just doesn't sit right on my tongue...

Thanks MortalNuts,

--Zetack