PDA

View Full Version : nl bankroll req.s?

edtost
03-16-2004, 06:36 PM
whats a good bankroll (in terms of bb or buy-ins) for online nl play?

Nero
03-16-2004, 06:46 PM
Depends greatly on your style of play. I imagine a rock could get by on a bankrolls as low as 5 buy-ins. I have always had 40 buy-ins(on Party Poker, 20 elsewhere), before moving up to a next limit. This is more for piece of mind then anything else, and keeps me from having to bounce between limits.

jakuda
03-16-2004, 06:47 PM
Where are you playing? PartyPoker only allows a 50 BigBlind (BB) buyin. UB, PokerStars allows a 100BB buyin.

The question of bankroll is different for each person. B/c there is the personal factor of "psychological" bankroll. Some people play better knowing they have more money. Some people think $X total bankroll is a lot of money (for them), others may think it's too little to play with etc...

In general though, I would say have enough in your total bankroll for 4 max buyins. Maybe a bit more for partypoker.

Shaun
03-16-2004, 07:30 PM
My advice would be to have a bankroll where, with solid play, you have zero risk of ruin. I think 500$ for NL 100 is too little, even though with a good start you can get to a safe point pretty quickly. With 10 buy-ins, your risk of ruin is probably very low. With 20 I'd say you have no risk of losing it all unless you go on psycho-tilt and virtually give it away. If you're asking this question you probably won't do that. Good luck.