PDA

View Full Version : Match day coming up in 2 days!

hetron
03-16-2004, 05:42 PM
Anyone else psyched?

scalf
03-16-2004, 07:04 PM
/images/graemlins/blush.gif eye or derm??

lol

gl /images/graemlins/confused.gif /images/graemlins/diamond.gif /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

hetron
03-16-2004, 07:40 PM
Peds actually. LOL /images/graemlins/smile.gif

scalf
03-16-2004, 08:22 PM
/images/graemlins/blush.gif the kids..hey i got a 2 year old and a 4 month old...had the scare of my life..young one when 1 month old got rsv ; inti peds icu for xmas..but doing well now, but seriously..low pay..always an emergency..cheap competiion from family malpractice...but hey; it's gr8 to see a sick kid turn around..watch out for the funky bowel movements...gl /images/graemlins/frown.gif /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

ThaSaltCracka
03-16-2004, 08:35 PM
what the heck are you talking about?

MaxPower
03-16-2004, 11:20 PM
I would be psyched if I were in Medical School. So you are psyched to be worked like a dog for the next few years? Get yourself Nelson's Pediatrics and study up.

Good luck.

hetron
03-17-2004, 02:44 AM
LOL good to hear everything went ok with your little one...the pay is a little better if you do a fellowship in peds cardio or GI or EM, which I am definitely thinking about. Even then, it's not ortho $$$, but I like the environment (friendly people, no uptight type A surgeon types).

hetron
03-17-2004, 02:55 AM
Hey even if I am getting paid close to minimum wage, it's better than nothing. The broke student thing gets tired once you hit your mid 20's when all the rest of your friends all have jobs and are financially independent.

Interestingly enough, I interviewed with one of the authors of Nelson's on one of my stops on the residency trail.

I'll need all the luck I can get come Thurs!