PDA

View Full Version : What is the most likely thing this guy has? Bad fold?

krazyace5
03-16-2004, 04:36 PM
I kinda felt like I shoulda called on this one, what do you think? Shoulda raised right?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (7 handed) converter (http://www.stompandcrush.com/cgi-bin/hhparser.cgi)

UTG ($17.65)
MP1 ($21.45)
MP2 ($17.70)
CO ($28.55)
Button ($34.82)
SB ($28.05)
Hero ($55.80)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, CO raises to $3, Button folds, SB folds, Hero calls $2.50.

Flop: ($6.25) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO bets $5, Hero calls $5.

Turn: ($16.25) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO bets $6, Hero calls $6.

River: ($28.25) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO bets $14.55 (All-In), Hero folds.

Final Pot: $42.80

Results in white below: <font color="white">
CO doesn't show.
Outcome: CO wins $42.80. </font>

scrub
03-16-2004, 04:50 PM
What on earth were you thinking preflop??

Reraise with that monster on a tiny party table!!!

scrub

Nero
03-16-2004, 05:27 PM
Yeah I agree with scrub, this really needs to be popped pre-flop. This is not only for value but makes the hand alot easier to play post flop.

Standard line: raise pre-flop, bet the flop, check the turn if called, and depending on opponent possibly pick off bluff on river.

As played: I would have probably check-folded the flop, unless he is the type to pay off if the the 4th /images/graemlins/heart.gif hits. This situation is really player dependant IMO.

Nero
03-16-2004, 05:34 PM
As for his holdings, he open-raised in the CO, In this game with that post flop action it could be any Ace, any pocket pair, or as little as the bare K of hearts, maybe less /images/graemlins/frown.gif.

SirArthur
03-16-2004, 05:53 PM
If you called the flop, and turn bet, why didn't you call his river bet?
You already invested $14 into this hand, I'd say you're committed to calling his river bet at this point.
Those two 10's didn't help him, and it's highly doubtful he flopped a flush. I'd say he put you on a flush draw, and when he saw that 4th heart never came, he put you all in.

A big turn around happened for me in my game when I started calling these bets more often. Typically, I'm winning these hands.
Case in point, yesterday I had a similar hand. I had pocket Kings, an ace comes on the flop. Guy puts me all in on the river, I called and he turns over pockets nines (no nine on the board), my Kings held up. I used to always assume the worst, that my opponent had paired up an overcard to my high Pocket pair. Always assuming this is an awful mistake.

I'm curious to see what others have to say on this one, as I'm not the most experienced NL player around.

OldLearner
03-16-2004, 06:16 PM
The pot is offering you 3:1 on your call.

If you feel the likelyhood he has you beat is more than 1 out of 4, fold. Otherwise call.