PDA

View Full Version : What happened to Negreanu?

02-20-2002, 03:33 PM
I remember Daniel began to post on 2+2 about a year ago and then ceased. He posts regularly at RGP. Did S&M knock some of his articles? I'd like to hear about his tournament play.

02-20-2002, 06:08 PM
He once told me he finds the 2+2 interface clumsy. I think he also prefers posting fluff to RGP since its hardly to his benefit to post information that will make people get better anwyays, and only started posting to RGP in response to some of the attacks against him.

02-20-2002, 06:31 PM
How could anyone find this clumsier than that? This is infinitely more coherent.

02-20-2002, 06:50 PM
Wow, what a platitude!! However I do agree!!

02-21-2002, 01:00 AM
..is what he's doing RIGHT now; 2 wins & a 2nd; 6 total cashes in 11 events played.

I think he told me in an e-mail that he doesn't like the interface(which I also don't understand), and I don't think he's interested in getting into theoretical pissing wars.

Almost nobody here plays as high in side games as he does(nor does anyone on RGP FTM), but he'd be a fantastic addition to the Tournament Forum, where he'd certainly get more "content-feedback", with the likes of Fossilman over there.

Why not e-mail him and ask him about it? He's pleasant enough. kidpoker@hotmail.com

02-21-2002, 07:56 PM
The 'interface' thing must be an excuse. This interface is certainly adequate if not superior to RPG's.

It's seems unfortunate that 2+2 cannot retain the participation of other big poker figures. Though I have the utmost respect for S & M's poker knowledge and can even understand their reasons for correcting errors made by other 'celeb' posters, I feel something is wrong when all competitors / competiting views are driven away.

Someone like Daniel who obviously has something to contribute is no doubt going to fall short on some of the theoretical and mathematical applications of poker. Nevertheless it is our loss that he is no longer a participant here. Every one of his card player (?) articles is a good read.

02-23-2002, 12:01 AM
DN has posted in the last several days on RGP that he is reluctant to give away much more of his strategies.

QED