PDA

View Full Version : AKo UTG

asymmetrical
03-16-2004, 01:43 PM
3/6 at The Mirage

Game is looooooose and pretty passive except for very drunk loud guy (VDLG) on my right. VDLG had raised an orbit earlier from middle position with 5c9c (ended up taking down the pot w/ a baby flush.) He was betting and raising anything and having a generally good time. He made the table interesting to say the least. He had just requested that the dealer deal him a big pocket pair.

On to the hand in question:

I'm dealt AsKc UTG and raise.
MP cold calls, SB calls, VDLG in BB 3-bets, I 4-bet, MP Cold calls 2 more, SB folds, BB caps, I call, MP calls.

Flop:
Ks 2s 5s

BB bets. I raise. MP folds. BB 3-bets, I cap, BB calls.

Turn: Ad

BB bets. I raise. BB 3-bets. I call.

River: 8h.

BB Bets, I call.

4-bet pre-flop? Cap the flop? Lay this down on the river? Rasheed Wallace + Pistons = Finals? St Joe's a #1 seed?

Results to follow.

CrackerZack
03-16-2004, 02:06 PM
Is he loopy post flop too? There is a cap heads up? you checked to the BB on the river. Was this ArchAngel? It would explain some of the action /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Anyway, I'm not likely to be the one to stop raising the flop. Maybe at 8 bets or so. I'd probably got another 3 or 4 on the turn. If I had to slow down on the turn, I'd call the river.

I like the St Joe's 1 seed. Billy Packer has always been and idiot. I'm glad he showed it so well on sunday.

asymmetrical
03-16-2004, 02:12 PM
Eek! Sorry about that. I think MP may have hung around on the flop, because I remember it being capped...he may have dropped out on the turn.

VDG/BB seemed loopy all the way to showdown at times, but I also noticed him just calling on a few other hands on the turn/river, so I wasn't exactly sure what to think...

I haven't seen St. Joe's play enough to know if they deserve the seed or not but I couldn't agree with your Billy Packer evaluation any more.

asymmetrical
03-16-2004, 03:31 PM
VDG showed me his pocket Aces and took it down.

I was pretty sure I was behind to a set of Kings or Aces when my flush didn't hit, but called figuring the chances of winning or splitting the pot justified the odds on my call.