PDA

View Full Version : Trapping a fish between 2 raisers

Vee Quiva
03-16-2004, 11:25 AM
4-8 Brick and Mortar game. Small blind is rumored to be a good player, but I haven't seen him show his cards down yet. Has not played a lot of hands since he sat down 30 minutes ago. 4th position is someone new to game. Keeps inadvertantly showing me his cards as he looks at them 3-5 times during the course of a hand. I am to this persons left.

I am dealt Q /images/graemlins/club.gifJ /images/graemlins/club.gif 4 off the button. 6 callers to the flop.

Flop is J /images/graemlins/heart.gif7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Small blind leads out. Fish to my right calls. I raise. Everyone else folds to Small blind. He reraises.

Now it's 2 more bets to the fish. He puts in 3 more bets and says call. Dealer does not let him pull his extra bet back. Player announces to small blind that he did not mean to raise (yes he really was that clueless)

Here's my question. What do I do?

I am not worried about the fish yet, since he is probably calling with overcards or if he does have a Jack it probably has a bad kicker.

What worries me is the raise from the small blind. He could have trips or a Jack with a higher kicker?

I decide I am outkicked and fold.

Anyway the turn is a 4. SB bets and fish calls. River is another trash card. SB bets and fish folds.

Before the fish folds, he looks at his cards again and I sneak a peak. He has King Queen.

Small blind turns over his cards for Jack Four for two pair.

Was the small blind using a good strategy here, or just playing crazy? If it was good strategy, could someone out there explain it to me?