PDA

View Full Version : Early play in PStars Satellite to WSOP

BigBaitsim (milo)
03-16-2004, 10:57 AM
Playing in this on Sunday. Given the past three Sundays, likely will be 275 going for 16 seats. I'm comfortable with my late tourney play (at least for a satellite), but wonder what strategy folks would adopt for early play? My typical multi tourney play is very tight, which usually lands me in the top 10-25%, but not in the big money. Here I need top 5%. The last couple of multis I played were rebuys and local tourneys where folks played like lunatics for the first hour. I know I can't expect this at the satellite. Any advice would be welcome.

Boris
03-16-2004, 02:16 PM
I would just play very, very tight. The nice thing about the Pokerstars super satellites is that you start with $2500 in chips and the blinds go up every half hour. Basically you can afford to be a rock. If you can hang on until there are about 30 players left, revert to a very simple strategy of all-in when you decide to play a hand. And last but not least, be lucky.

BigBaitsim (milo)
03-16-2004, 02:25 PM
I did not know the starting chip count was that high and blinds escalated that slowly. Certainly rewards super-tight play, which is my typical tourney strategy.