PDA

View Full Version : Whats my opponent have? Call river or Fold?

Pipedream
03-16-2004, 08:59 AM
3-handed 30-60 game. I was just playing some fish HU when this other unknown player sits. Few rounds go by, still no real read on the new player. He gets the button and limps on it. SB completes and I check my 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif.

Flop-9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif3 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Both the SB and I check, button bets. SB folds and I checkraise my two pair. He calls.

Turn-9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif3 /images/graemlins/club.gif5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

I bet and get raised. I 3-bet and he calls.

River-9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif3 /images/graemlins/club.gif5 /images/graemlins/heart.gifK /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I bet and get raised.

Your move here? What do you put button on from the way it's been played throughout? Thanks.

Pipedream

SpaceAce
03-16-2004, 09:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
3-handed 30-60 game. I was just playing some fish HU when this other unknown player sits. Few rounds go by, still no real read on the new player. He gets the button and limps on it. SB completes and I check my 9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif.

Flop-9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif3 /images/graemlins/club.gif

Both the SB and I check, button bets. SB folds and I checkraise my two pair. He calls.

Turn-9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif3 /images/graemlins/club.gif5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

I bet and get raised. I 3-bet and he calls.

River-9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif3 /images/graemlins/club.gif5 /images/graemlins/heart.gifK /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I bet and get raised.

Your move here? What do you put button on from the way it's been played throughout? Thanks.

Pipedream

[/ QUOTE ]

I put the button on Dramamine because that spastic stop-and-go betting has got to be giving him motion sickness.

SpaceAce

rory
03-16-2004, 10:14 AM
Looks like KK to me. His limp preflop and just calling your check raise on the flop was to trap on the turn. Once he was 3 bet on the turn he thought he might be behind but his miracle came on the river.

elysium
03-16-2004, 10:27 AM
hi pipe
looks like K9 or KQh. just call though because you can't be sure. you must consider his action here a good deal more than usual.

steeser
03-16-2004, 10:32 AM
I'm thinking 87s if he were a good postflop player, as by calling the 3 bet on the turn, he was able to get 2 bets out of the river.

The action on the river leads me to believe K9. Either way, I think you are beat here, unless he is capable of putting a major move on you.

OrangeHeat
03-16-2004, 12:10 PM
Looks like K /images/graemlins/heart.gif 9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif. Flop he has top pair, turn he picks up the flush draw and cools down on your three bet. River he makes two pair to beat you.

Correct or no?

Orange

beerbandit
03-16-2004, 01:50 PM

or mid/bottom set

Nightwish
03-16-2004, 01:57 PM
I would call. However, you're likely beat. The key question is whether the button would pull a move like that with something like 65.

knifeandfork
03-16-2004, 02:20 PM
i think you definitley call because there are actually a bunch of strong hands(65, overpairs, 9x hearts) you can beat here, and because it will give you the read you were lacking. i think he has K9 and got a little happy about it then really happy on the river but with no read i would pay off if for no other reason that the 14 -1 you get on your call and the i would estimate 20% chance you are winning vs 65 or 9x of hearts etc

Luke
03-16-2004, 02:30 PM
I'd say KK or K9, with K /images/graemlins/heart.gif9 /images/graemlins/heart.gif being the coolest possibility on the turn.

Luke

Pipedream
03-16-2004, 11:35 PM
I called his raise was shown KK.

Pipedream