PDA

View Full Version : AK early with Ace on the table

rivered
03-16-2004, 06:31 AM
I was just playing a $10+1 at party. The blinds were still 15/30 and I was at about 1050 chips.

I got AK off on my bb and call a $90 raise and one other person calls. The flop comes A92 rainbow, the raiser thinks for a while and than raises another 100. The second person calls and it's my play. Give me your thoughts on what you think I should do and what you think they both have.

ANSWER in next post

rivered
03-16-2004, 06:35 AM
I played one of them for aj, aq but on these tables it could be anything. I figured the raiser to perhaps have something like QQ or JJ and be hoping to buy.

I pushed allin and both called. First player had 99 and flopped a set, second player had AJ.

Looking back, perhaps with 2 people calling one of them had Ax but the other had to have PP and perhaps a set. I'm really unsure though if I made a bad mistake or not. I could have just called but I feel that is weak as I'm not really going to fold on the turn if I call here. It seems like an all or nothing situation but maybe I am wrong.

Stoneii
03-16-2004, 08:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
the raiser thinks for a while and than raises another 100

[/ QUOTE ]

my first alarm bell rings.

I might try a re-raise (say +200) to see what was out there, when he jumped all over it, maybe gives u the chance to lay down so early in the tournie

stoneii