PDA

View Full Version : Party Poker/Empire Poker

andrewbross
03-16-2004, 02:33 AM
I am trying to setup Empire account, getting error message that I have an account at a related (party poker) site and I cannot continue. Does anyone know if you can play at both sites and if yes how do you go about it, thanks for any help offered.

TomCollins
03-16-2004, 01:17 PM
The probability of opening an account from both computers is 0. This is the probibility forum, right?

I'll cut you some slack though. But NEXT time, 1) search the forums, this has been discussed before. 2) POST IN THE RIGHT FORUM

OK, off of my soap box. I'm pretty sure that you can do it by opening the account from someone elses computer for the first time. But you still can't play at the same table with both sets of software with different names.

Thats Interesting!
03-18-2004, 03:09 AM
Why would you want to? They are the same just different company. I like Empire better. It looks cleaner. /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

bigpooch
03-18-2004, 06:40 AM
What happened to the Wrong Forum Man, man?

BradleyT
03-18-2004, 01:43 PM
You need to sign up from a different computer. They both most likely look at registry entries on your computer (or something like your HD serial number) and can tell when you already have an account.

Others have said you have to deposit from the other computer also, but I didn't.

Make sure if you do sign up and deposit on another computer that you UNCHECK the remember password button so whomever owns that computer doesn't try their luck as a WPT wannabee.

mostsmooth
03-19-2004, 08:50 PM
i signed up for party poker and empire poker using the same computer and had no problems. this was over a year ago. are you using two different handles? you can join both using the same handle ie "fishman323" on both sites

mostsmooth
03-19-2004, 08:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why would you want to? They are the same just different company. I like Empire better. It looks cleaner. /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

MicroBob
03-21-2004, 05:07 PM
party changed things up a little while ago in a supposed effort to curtail bonus-whoring.
you are unable to sign-up at both via the same computer anymore...hence, the reason the probability is zero.
sign-up on a different computer and then you will be able to play on that account on your original computer.

the probability of signing up for both via the same computer went from 100% to 0%.
the percentage of bonus-whores this new system has successfully has curtailed is 43%.
the probability oif you getting an additional bonus via empire if you have a friend who will let you use his computer is 100%.
the probability that this was posted in the wrong forum is 100%.
the probability that the players at empire are just as fishy as the players at party is 100%.
the probability that i like the blue tables at empire better than the red tables at party is 100%.

bigpooch
03-21-2004, 09:39 PM
How did you make up that 43% number? I agree about the blue
interface compared to Party's ugly yellow!
/images/graemlins/smile.gif