PDA

View Full Version : Stars SNG, HU NL

ElSapo
03-15-2004, 11:40 PM
How often would a good player realistically win a heads up no limit SNG? Assume poor players. Would the rake kill you?

La Brujita
03-16-2004, 10:37 AM
I have played about 300 at the 10, 20 and 50 level and have won about 63%. On the no limit forum I have seen it written that 65-70% is the best a very good/excelllent player can do. When I posted that theoretical number on this forum one good poster (I forget who) said that is impossible because you could win 40% by just pushing in every hand. My response to that is that since people don't push in every hand at the lower limits you should be able to do better than that theoretically.

Also, consider the four person hu tourneys for more leverage and less rake.

Regards

DrPhysic
03-16-2004, 06:33 PM
I don't have nearly as many as LaBrujita, at the moment I am 39W/34L. And i play 2 or 4 person game as is available. I started after a recommendation on tourn forum that it is a good way to improve hu play. I started out 1w/6L.

If i can run better than 50%, a good player should do well. LaBrujita's numbers sound very real.

I play the 5/10/20 levels, and thoroughly enjoy the games.
Have fun IDing each player according to Al Schoonmaker's descriptions from Psy of Poker.

Doc /images/graemlins/cool.gif