PDA

View Full Version : 15-30 online hand

nykenny
03-15-2004, 11:35 PM
Full table. I raise in LP with KTs and CO to my left 3 bets. all folds to me and i call.

Flop is Q93. I think for .75 seconds and bet. CO calls semi-quickly.

Turn is T off-suit. I bet quickly and CO calls (normal tempo).

River is a blank, I check quickly. CO bets!

I call. Good call?

note on CO: he has been 3 betting a good share up to this point. so i think he like's to isolate with anything he wants to play facing a raise (which is the best thing to do most of the time in my book too).

J_V
03-15-2004, 11:59 PM
I'd bet the river, why did you check?

I'd call the river, if I checked.

Garland
03-16-2004, 12:24 AM
Well, you've come this far. I hardly think this is the time to fold. If you believe this to be a person who will value bet A high or a pair under 10s, or simply bluff with nothing in this spot it's an easy call. It also seems you should have enough to show down to warrant a call. This seems especially true since you mentioned that he doesn't premium hands to 3-bet.

Garland

glen
03-16-2004, 12:31 AM
The fact that you bet the flop here, then bet the turn here and were just called, and then you are even considering check-folding the river here just seems really, really bizarre thinking for some reason. . .

nykenny
03-16-2004, 02:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The fact that you bet the flop here, then bet the turn here and were just called, and then you are even considering check-folding the river here just seems really, really bizarre thinking for some reason. . .

[/ QUOTE ]
Of course my intention was NOT to check fold. I did call and he showed AJ for busted back door straight draw. My real question lies in whether the check on the river was a better move as opposed to a bet.

thanks for the comments.

Kenny