PDA

View Full Version : nl theory...

prop
03-15-2004, 08:21 PM
(deep stacks) if a guy bets into you and you know you're winning shouldn't you raise him the most you think hell call incorrectly? or just call him and let him bet off more money but giving him the chance to break you?

examples: Flop A73 you AK opponent A? he bets into you and from many sessions of play you can reliably put him on a smaller ace but not 2 pair. if you know hell call a medium raise about half the time orrr bet into you 100% of the time on the turn if you just call (even when he spikes his kicker) is it better to raise now with a chance to get more money or wait and call him but take the chance of getting broke yourself.

same w/ AA v KK should you ever stop raising w/AA it seems like if you do you're gving XX infinite odds to break you.

luqui
03-15-2004, 09:34 PM
I'm not great at this poker thing yet, so take what I say with a grain of salt. I'd raise on your example hand, especially if you're not heads up. You have top pair, but there are always draws out there. If you play top pair fast, you'll have little to kick yourself about if you lose.

me454555
03-15-2004, 11:22 PM
Raise, its better to win a smaller pot than loose a big one

gavrilo
03-16-2004, 12:10 AM
I don't like slowplay AK here on this board if you put him on an Ace.

I think if he is just as likely to call your raise and bets on later rounds, raise now.

If he's not smart enough to realize you have a hand here and keeps betting, he's not smart enough to lay down when you raise the flop.