PDA

View Full Version : 2+2 SNGs: STARS 8PM GMT/3PM EST TUESDAY & 9:30PM EST WEDNESDAY

DrPhysic
03-15-2004, 07:53 PM
Here's your 2+2 SNG game schedule for this week,

2+2 SnG $10+1 NLHE on STARS 8PM GMT/3PM EST TUESDAY Mar 8

LOOK FOR t_perkin_2+2 or Stone_Eyes SIGNON.

2+2 SNG $10+1 NLHE on STARS 9:30PM EST WEDNESDAY Mar 9
Look for DrPhysic or VinnyTheFish signon.

WE DO NOT ANTICIPATE HAVING A SECOND GAME ON WEDNESDAY!
We have had about 18 players in 2 SNG's the last two weeks. If you do not get in the first game and wish to start a second one, look for other 2+2 names, however VinnyTheFish will be in the first game this week.

Games for 2+2 posters. Not sponsored by Two Plus Two Publishing.

Doc /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Stoneii
03-16-2004, 03:35 PM
Game starts in 25 minutes

TylerD
03-16-2004, 05:37 PM
Not Byron again - wp though!!! Good game all, enjoyable as always, I even managed to eek out a profit this time.

byronkincaid
03-16-2004, 06:34 PM
Last week just being a slight blip in my ongoing crushing of the tuesday night 2+2 event. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

1: ByronKincaid (Carshalton), $72.00 (40%)
2: photoman23 (Lecanto), $54.00 (30%)
3: TheStrength (Penarth), $36.00 (20%)
4: fashidus (DALLAS), $18.00 (10%)
5: debaser (Buckingham),
6: ButterBaby1 (Iowa City),
7: Stone_Eyes (Bangor),
8: stryteller (Clarence),
9: KURN (Cranston),
10: Bozeman (Bozeman),
11: DrPhysic (San Antonio),
12: max64 (udine),
13: HelmetSky (Ramat-Gan),
14: EWCRAPS0710 (brooklyn),
15: Ruddiger (Sammamish),
16: spike_tt (Swindon),
17: MobyDick (København),
18: alksdjflk023 (Marquette),
You finished in 1st place (eliminated at hand #338283082).

124 hands played and saw flop:
- 9 times out of 23 while in small blind (39%)
- 8 times out of 23 while in big blind (34%)
- 7 times out of 78 in other positions (8%)
- a total of 24 times out of 124 (19%)

Pots won at showdown - 9 out of 10 (90%)
Pots won without showdown - 20

I've left my stats on to give you guys a clue /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Interesting hands, well the ones that spring to mind are William reraising with AQ getting raised again and losing to KK.

Kurn going all in with 10 10 and losing to AJ. And the one which changed the tourney for me was raising with AJ against chip leader photoman, he calls and we get a flop of 33A. I make a pot sized bet and he calls, I can't remember the next 2 cards but he ended up calling my all in bet and he had 66. After that I just caught a run of fantastic cards and couldn't lose really.

So it's interesting (to me anyway) that after 89 logged $22's at stars I have an ROI of 14% and after 30 $33's at party I have an even worse ROI of 9%. Yet put me up against better players (majority of you guys) and I can't lose.

What I'm hoping is that I play my A game on a Tuesday and worse in my normal games. I don't for example surf the web, watch TV or multi table at the 2+2 games, all of which I have been do at the same time. Or it could just be dumb luck, probably.

t_perkin
03-16-2004, 06:53 PM
Hello everyone,

Really sorry I didn't make it, or in fact let anyone know that I would not make it.

I picked up a friend from Reykjavik this morning and I was supposed to be back at 3pm. As it turned out the wind and snow stopped all the flights. So I got back about 20mins ago. Sorry everyone.

As for you letting Byron win again. Well that is just rediculous. I leave you guys to keep him off the top spot and what happens!? Do I have to do everything myself!? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

See you all next week.

Tim

AleoMagus
03-16-2004, 06:57 PM
Winning three of the last four suggests to me that it's more than just luck. Too bad I was baking while you were having so much fun.

Good Job

Regards,
Brad S

PrayingMantis
03-16-2004, 08:20 PM
Assuming each week same 18 2+2 players participate in the 2+2 Euro SNG, and to make it easy, assuming all have the same ability and talent (this is obviously not true in reality... /images/graemlins/frown.gif), is the probability that ByronKincaid will take 1st place, 3 out of 4 times in a row, equal to the probability that X (say me /images/graemlins/grin.gif) wins 7th place, 3 times out of 4 in a row?

Anybody?

ThaSaltCracka
03-16-2004, 08:34 PM
I hope yall punks are ready for the return of Da Cracka in the monday night events. Fear the Green Hulk..... /images/graemlins/cool.gif,
ya'll are lucky I have been in school, oh, but that all ends come monday..... /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

William
03-16-2004, 09:26 PM
Which event takes place monday? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

ThaSaltCracka
03-17-2004, 12:25 AM
haha oopppss, whichever one is 630pm pst, is that tuesday?

Stoneii
03-17-2004, 07:02 AM
Apologies for not posting places. Even though I beat my std 8th I threw the towel in when I had to pick up my step-son earlier than expected (thus the call with T7 /images/graemlins/smile.gif) - ho hum.

Well played, AGAIN, Byron /images/graemlins/cool.gif

stoneii

DrPhysic
03-17-2004, 10:09 PM

William
03-17-2004, 10:21 PM
The fish of the week (once again) will be there /images/graemlins/grin.gif

DrPhysic
03-18-2004, 01:22 AM
Here are the results from tonights SNG.

1: mrplops (pekin), $72.00 (40%)
2: thomastem (Marengo), $54.00 (30%)
3: EdgyEddie (Morris Plains), $36.00 (20%)
4: tackleberry (E. Galesburg), $18.00 (10%)
5: jakemacd (Rochester),
6: heyrocker (Chicago),
7: asabear (Atlanta),
8: capricorne1 (charlotte),
9: MobyDick (København),
10: BJ1981 (Manhattan),
11: XlgJoe (lindley),
12: colgin (New York),
13: d9090 (Chinese Camp ),
14: bort (Charlotte),
15: reedone (collingswood),
16: MR AXE (PARTILLE),
17: zackgold (New York),
18: codewarrior (Mentor),

Well done to Critterdude who finished highest among the 2+2ers. Post your good, bad, and ??? hands as usual.

Sorry I was unable to play, but your ole Doc slipped a disk in his lower back Thursday night. Quite painful as you may know. I simply cannot play poker when taking Codeine, Soma, and Valium. (Painkiller, and two muscle relaxants.) Well, I could but then even William would beat me.

Maybe next week.

Doc

DougBrennan
03-18-2004, 02:19 AM
I think you're holed up with a Spurs cheerleader, discussing low post moves. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

DrPhysic
03-18-2004, 03:09 AM
I hope you don't find the occasional ragging offensive. It's kind of like the minor league pitcher bragging about getting a fastball by Barry Bonds. (would have used a football analogy, but I just don't know any soccer players).

Doc /images/graemlins/heart.gif

DrPhysic
03-18-2004, 09:09 AM
Actually, we were also discussing the advantages of lack of front court coverage.

D /images/graemlins/wink.gif

heyrocker
03-18-2004, 09:39 AM
This was a really bizarre SNG for me. After building up my stack to about 5K with a couple questionable calls that got lucky, I sank like a rock in the space of two rounds or so. Some of it was my own fault, I remember calling a minraise from EdgyEddie in the BB with T9s, and the flop came Q9x. This is from memory, but it's close. Edgy bet around 300 (at 75/150). Now I didn't think the flop hit him, but I didn't have the balls to push it so I just called. Turn a blank, again a bet and call. River A. He only had like 500 left so I called his all in and he flipped A4. Doh. It was just downhill from there, and after a couple miracle all in wins I thought I had it home free when I hit AA and got two callers - Ah2h and A7o. Alas, MrPlops flushed and I was gone.

Hey does anyone else think we shouldn't do this during WPT? Not only is it distracting but popular opinion seems to be that schools of fish play while its on and I'd rather be out frying them than each other.

William
03-18-2004, 10:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I hope you don't find the occasional ragging offensive. It's kind of like the minor league pitcher bragging about getting a fastball by Barry Bonds. (would have used a football analogy, but I just don't know any soccer players).

Doc /images/graemlins/heart.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess this one is about me /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I know I haven't been doing so well at the SNGs lately, but you guys are getting waaaaay too good for my standard game /images/graemlins/smile.gif

On the other hand, I've been doing very well (far away from you tighties) the past few weeks and it's nice to see that you still remember me.
Can't remember who said it first, but love me or hate me, just don't ignore me /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hope you're soon back on your feet Doc, I'll be donating some of my money again next week /images/graemlins/grin.gif

William

jedi
03-18-2004, 12:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Hey does anyone else think we shouldn't do this during WPT? Not only is it distracting but popular opinion seems to be that schools of fish play while its on and I'd rather be out frying them than each other.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry I couldn't be with you guys last night. I came home excited to give my money away when I realized... Internet was down and probably will be for a few days. So now, I'm doing my surfing at *ahem* work.

Second, I'd figure that the fish come out AFTER the WPT broadcast, not during. (Though I don't know for sure). I just tape WPT, play the SnG, fry the fish, then watch the tape.