PDA

View Full Version : end play...

prop
03-15-2004, 06:57 PM
i know there is no magic bullet but maybe im missing some important concepts.

because i've always played limit i've never really faced any tough river decisions (regardless of what mason says).

what if you are first to act with TPMK (deep stacks) been betting the whole way and a scare card hits. say you had KcJc limped in flopped Kh8h9d turn 2d river 5d. now you are absolutely sure if you check your opponent will bet the pot with a bluff or a hand that beats yours, if you bet he wont call with any hand that is beat (maybe KT), what is the best play?

or the same hand where the river is the Jh?

heatscan
03-15-2004, 07:35 PM
Great question. I've always been very shaky on heads-up end bets, and they're the biggest leak in my game. I find myself either betting too high and being called by a superior hand, or being scared out by a semi-bluff raise. Any advice would be appreciated.

gavrilo
03-16-2004, 12:21 AM
Knowing your opponents and what their calls/bets/raises mean helps a ton with this question. Knowing how they are prone to play preflop helps a ton.

In the first example I wouldn't consider the 5d a scare card, I would likely bet this, assuming you have been firing the whole way and he just went runner runner flush on you, you'll get your money back.

If the river was the Jh. Is your opponent likely to raise with AQs preflop or ATs or even QTs or limp with something like 76s. You have to ask yourself all these questions and ask yourself how would he play this hand? Wouldn't he likely raise with a hand like 67s or T7s once the flop hits?

So to answer your question, you need to know your opponents.

And the best advice I can give is maybe start mucking KJs if you don't know how to play against your opponents when such and such board hits. And maybe add the hand when you do know your opponents.