PDA

View Full Version : Did I Miss a Bet?

Georgia Peach
03-15-2004, 06:02 PM
Did I miss a bet here pre-flop and the river?

2/4 Party. Not a lot of pre-flop raising. When my opponent for this hand has raised, he has usually had the goods, but he has called two or three hands to the river, winning one out of three.

I am on the button, my opponent at the river is in the CO.

I am dealt QQ.

Pre-flop: folded to CO-1 who raises. CO calls, I call (Auto bet here?).

Flop: 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif,4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif,9 /images/graemlins/club.gif

CO-1 checks, CO bets, I raise. CO-1 folds, CO calls.

Turn: 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

CO checks, I bet, he calls.

River: 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif

CO checks, I check.

Results to follow later.

bisonbison
03-15-2004, 06:15 PM
You're gonna want to double-check that the converter actually converted before pasting the thing.

spamuell
03-15-2004, 06:16 PM
You don't mention whether you had the Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, but although that seems important, I don't think it would have really changed the way I would have played this hand anyway.

You have no reason not to bet the river.

Georgia Peach
03-15-2004, 06:19 PM
I can't get the converter to work. I'm pretty sure I'm following directions, but all I get are control codes in the output. I was testing it live to see if perhaps the control codes would "turn" into the data I needed, but they didn't.

So, I typed it in manually.

Schmed
03-15-2004, 06:25 PM
I 3 bet the flop. This is how you know if he's got the goods. He caps then I start to put him on something made.

Betting the river is mandatory.

bisonbison
03-15-2004, 06:36 PM
You have to use the e-mailed hand history from Party. Not the online version.

Guido
03-15-2004, 08:03 PM
I would 3-bet preflop, good raise on the flop. You have to bet the river, there is no reason to think you're behind.

Guido

Trix
03-15-2004, 09:44 PM
Raise any all the way.

Georgia Peach
03-15-2004, 11:39 PM
I agree, I should have re-raised pre-flop and bet the river.

My Qs were good.

Senor Choppy
03-16-2004, 10:55 PM
It was folded to the cutoff, so his raise is mandatory with all sorts of marginal holdings, 66, KJ, A5s, etc. You should 3 bet here with worse hands than QQ. If he caps it then you can worry about KK or AA. (By 3 betting you usually get information when you're beat and can slow down on later rounds, but when you're not up against KK or AA, which is most of the time, you'll get more money in the pot).

Your opponent has shown no strength anywhere in the hand. There's no reason to stop betting unless you think he's slowplaying a flush.

If you aren't routinely 3 betting preflop here or betting the river, you're leaving a lot of money on the table (although the preflop reraise is a lot more of a no brainer than the river bet).