PDA

View Full Version : Is John Kerry Costing Me Money?

andyfox
03-15-2004, 05:09 PM
I made a $100 bet on the election, taking John Kerry. No sooner do I make the bet, Kerry a) calls the Bush team "crooked," and b) says some foreign leaders have privately told him they hope he'll win.

Get the man a muzzle. Please. Twelve "nucular"s from W wouldn't be as bad as this.

ThaSaltCracka
03-15-2004, 05:34 PM
don't worry Kerry will win.

Zeno
03-15-2004, 06:43 PM
It is always hard to muzzle demagogues, especially when their blood is up. Don't worry - the memory of the electorate is very short and also very foggy. It has to be, otherwise, no one would ever be elected. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

-Zeno

Utah
03-15-2004, 06:49 PM
Keep talking Johnny!!

May I suggest you add Michael Moore and Sean Penn to your team as well?

Al_Capone_Junior
03-15-2004, 08:31 PM
Gee, did you check the "$1" box on your last ballot? already you've lost your bet. No wonder some politician schmuck has already cost you more than just your buck.

al

HDPM
03-15-2004, 09:02 PM
Calling Bush crooked won't hurt. The foreign leaders bit is beyond stupid. I still think you have the better side of the bet. I think Bush will have big problems. But I owe Jimbo drinks from my bad call on the midterm elections, so what do I know?

jokerswild
03-16-2004, 02:58 AM
If Gibson doesn't vote for him, he's done.

GWB
03-16-2004, 10:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
don't worry Kerry will win.

[/ QUOTE ]
You are wrong. Just watch my TV ads and you will see what a loser he is.

jdl22
03-17-2004, 12:42 AM
My problem with him calling them crooked is that everyone in the supposedly liberal media are saying he called them "crooks" which he clearly did not.

Not sure why people still say there is liberal media bias when things like this and other things like Al Gore saying he invented the internet which he never did keep coming up.

GWB
03-17-2004, 10:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
My problem with him calling them crooked is that everyone in the supposedly liberal media are saying he called them "crooks" which he clearly did not.

Not sure why people still say there is liberal media bias when things like this and other things like Al Gore saying he invented the internet which he never did keep coming up.

[/ QUOTE ]
My buddy Al was too busy being the model for the book "Love Story" to actually invent the internet.

ps - ya all see how well my contracts are doing on Tradesports? I think I got this Elecshun in the bag.

andyfox
03-17-2004, 04:41 PM
Whatsa difference between "crooked" and "crooks"?

elwoodblues
03-17-2004, 05:06 PM
I thought "crooked" was a physical description that Monica gave to Bill...

Taxman
03-17-2004, 05:41 PM
Well I think I would generally connote them in the same way. I suppose a crooked administration might be characterized by dishonesty, whereas an adminisration of crooks would involve a bunch of thieves. Nevertheless, a crook can be defined as a simple dishonest character. The question seems to be, was Kerry calling them theives, dishonest, or dishonest theives?

jdl22
03-17-2004, 06:15 PM
I believe it was dishonest, all election thievery aside.

andyfox
03-17-2004, 06:27 PM
Another Bill Maher line: It took John Kennedy to show that a Catholic could sit behind the desk in the oval office, and Bill Clinton to show that a Jew could sit under it. . .