PDA

View Full Version : A play I wouldn't nomally make.

Nottom
03-15-2004, 04:06 PM
Party 3/6

I raise 2 limpers on the button with KQ /images/graemlins/heart.gif and the blinds bow out.

Flop is: K 6 6 rainbow
Checked to me, I bet, both call.

Turn is the 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif putting 2 /images/graemlins/club.gifs on the board.
Check, check, I bet, EP raises. MP folds, I call.

River is the T /images/graemlins/club.gif
He bets, I raise.

J.R.
03-15-2004, 04:10 PM
A 6 or flush won't fold but a worse K will. I'd rather 3-bet the turn than raise a club on the river.

lil'
03-15-2004, 05:10 PM
I can't imagine a better hand folding here. Like JR said, a worse K might fold, but you don't have to worry about that anyway.

Nottom
03-15-2004, 05:54 PM
Well i might possibly make another KQ or even AK fold, but honestly I figured he would call with KJ or something and wouldn't 3-bet unless he had the flush or boat in which case I can easily fold.

Like I said, this isn't my normal course of action but it seemed sort of right at the time although it probably wasn't. He folded so who knows what he had.

CrackerZack
03-15-2004, 05:56 PM
at party, no one is folding a worse K. K2 is calling this raise. I almost like it if it isn't so likely he's one of those standard online players that "knows" you wait till the turn to raise with trips. And he'll show you a 6. On the bright side, he'll probably think you're nuts for the rest of the day.

Zack

lil'
03-15-2004, 06:04 PM
Yeah, but A-K is highly unlikely given his open limp. K-J you beat anyway. So basically you're making this raise on the off chance that he has K-Q too and you don't want to split the pot?

You probably made a worse hand fold here, so it risked a lot and accomplished not too much. That's my 2 cents. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Nottom
03-15-2004, 11:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, but A-K is highly unlikely given his open limp. K-J you beat anyway. So basically you're making this raise on the off chance that he has K-Q too and you don't want to split the pot?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I made the raise with the intention of getting payed off by a worse K.

MarkD
03-16-2004, 01:24 AM
Most opponents will have that 6 with the turn checkraise on PP 3/6, for that reason alone I don't like the river raise.

Of course, a strong read of your opponent would change the above statement.

I think you get called here by worse kings, raised by a flush and raised / called by a 6. From the way the hand was played I would think it is more likely your opponent has a 6 or a flush + king rather than just a bare king. In this hand I believe your opponent had a pocket pair.